Best toner?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yer as /8 is for more orange then yellow

Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

I use koleston 10/8 mixed with colour touch 8/81 (half and half) on my hair and all my bleached clients. Will try and upload a pic....

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350612013.883168.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350612013.883168.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 2,025
I use koleston 10/8 mixed with colour touch 8/81 (half and half) on my hair and all my bleached clients. Will try and upload a pic....

Do you mix half and half with pastel? Even though CT 8/81 is suppose to be mixed with emulsion? Why does your level not look anything at all like a level 8? Forgive me, I'm still learning Wella.

Why would you mix ct and kp?

That's what I'm trying to think? 10.8 koleston perfect with colour touch 8.81? Ones a perm and the other is a semi? Or am I being blonde? It's too early!!

Ct don't use peroxide (not as such) so you either mix with peroxide and only 10/8 will work or ct and 8/81 works, either way waste of product, just use pastel that's what is was designed for

i love 10/0 and 8/81 well ct i either mix half n half or half or 30ml 10/0 and 15ml 8/81 depending on how much it needs toning x

I have just reconfirmed 10/8 to be my favorite toner ever

I mix them both together with 1.9% (got told this by someone from wella years ago and it definately works)

I was told from wella never to mix them, was about 7/8 years ago now tho

You can use wella koleston to tone using pastel. Ratio 1:2 a lot of people think you can only use colour touch xx

I need advice on toning brassy ness out of blonde extensions. I've used touch of silver shampoo but sent the extensions green. See my other thread about this. So could you tell me what's the best to get it white/platinum. Thanks xx

Wella also state not to sprinkle bleach into a high lift tint, but a lot of hairdressers do. That's half the fun of being a hairdresser, experimenting :)

Wella also state not to sprinkle bleach into a high lift tint, but a lot of hairdressers do. That's half the fun of being a hairdresser, experimenting :)

Yes it is...if you want to get sued with no backing from the colour companies as you have failed to follow manufacturers instructions. I never understood why you would sprinkle bleach in high lift why not just use bleach? Your not going to going to get the tone of high lift just the effect of bleach!

I need advice on toning brassy ness out of blonde extensions. I've used touch of silver shampoo but sent the extensions green. See my other thread about this. So could you tell me what's the best to get it white/platinum. Thanks xx

Unless its virgin hair I wouldn't even bother. You have no idea what the natural shade is or what processes the hair has already been through so the results can be pretty random (as you've already discovered :eek:). Just buy platinum blonde extensions.

You can use wella koleston to tone using pastel. Ratio 1:2 a lot of people think you can only use colour touch xx

I love Koleston for toners :) x

Yes it is...if you want to get sued with no backing from the colour companies as you have failed to follow manufacturers instructions. I never understood why you would sprinkle bleach in high lift why not just use bleach? Your not going to going to get the tone of high lift just the effect of bleach!

I don't personally mix bleach into high lift, was stating that some hairdressers do. Are you assuming I do my experimenting on clients?
Will rewrite, half the fun of being a hairdresser is having the knowledge to be able to experiment, on myself or on test pieces.
The OP wanted to know what others use as a toner, so I stated what I use, and seeing as the manufacturer did in fact tell me about this mix...I will continue to use it and inform other people if the question arises

I love goldwell p mix or 10bs in colorance! Nice and shiny as well

So you mix 10/8 with 8/81 and it really works? It's like white blonde nice blond?

Latest posts

Back