Best toner?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can i completely take over this thread. I have a lady whos natural 3/4 she wants base 10 and crisp white i do this by applying bleach with 3% untill orange wash and foil lots and lots of fine weaved foils with wella 12/1. Wash off and if its still needed apply 10.1 toner. I was on holiday and the client needed a colour so she had to have it done somewhere else. When i asked how it went she said i was only in there a hour and a half hour. She only did one colour and it was on and off. And i was in and out. No toner nothing and her hair is whiter than i can get it.
What do u think this hairdresser used? Do u think she just went in with bleach and 40vol? But it would of left it yellow surley?
Or am i missing a high lift tint that will lift from base 3 to base 10 in half a hour?
It may sound like my way it very long winded but my ladies hair is extremely damaged.
(Im freelance)
Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Can i completely take over this thread. I have a lady whos natural 3/4 she wants base 10 and crisp white i do this by applying bleach with 3% untill orange wash and foil lots and lots of fine weaved foils with wella 12/1. Wash off and if its still needed apply 10.1 toner. I was on holiday and the client needed a colour so she had to have it done somewhere else. When i asked how it went she said i was only in there a hour and a half hour. She only did one colour and it was on and off. And i was in and out. No toner nothing and her hair is whiter than i can get it.
What do u think this hairdresser used? Do u think she just went in with bleach and 40vol? But it would of left it yellow surley?
Or am i missing a high lift tint that will lift from base 3 to base 10 in half a hour?
It may sound like my way it very long winded but my ladies hair is extremely damaged.
(Im freelance)
Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

They probably used bleach and 20vol then applied a toner at backwash. Thats what I would do anyway :) x

Ah just seen 'extremely damaged' yes maybe they did then :-/

Is affinage available at the warehouse or only in salon?
(8/81 looked more green grey)
The krystal look great on strand test but not grey enough when I've done it, could have cried :-(

Stand test the 10/1 with a small amount of 22/0 see what happends :)

♥♡

Stand test the 10/1 with a small amount of 22/0 see what happends :)

♥♡

Yes I will do, thankyou.
I've told her ill do her next 'toner' free of charge as its not how she wanted. She likes it though. Also thinking of trying 7/81 in illumina? My friends suggested matrix 8A or 8AV x

Wella CT 9/0 or 10/0 with /86 and 1.9 developer. Works every time for me :)

9/0 or 10/0 in colour touch and /86 in relights mixed??

♥♡

Wellas ash tones are confusing! I thought /1 is grey ash /2 is green ash /8 blue ash

Failing that the basics make sense.. mixing black and white ")

♥♡

Ooh i didn't know you could mix ct and relights thankyou! X

It's new x

No way! My colour charts quite new so assumed it must be an old colour.
Aww I didn't even look when I went. Lol. Thankyou! X

Last edited:
What about mixing kp 10/1 10/8 and some /11 mixertone? With pastel? Random but seems to fit all the tones wanted..

♥♡

What about mixing kp 10/1 10/8 and some /11 mixertone? With pastel? Random but seems to fit all the tones wanted..

♥♡

I tried 10/8 with /11.
When i can upload pictures ill put All the ones I've tried on theres about 10.
Havent tried the 10/1 as somebody put the other day that /1 is grey-predominately green?? Which would explain why some of my tests went greeny.
Going to try the 7/89 ct and 10 plus 22/0. Been dreaming about grey hair. I hate when its not how somebody wants it!! X thanks for your help

awee i do this all the time! Greys a hard colour! Try 10/1 and 22/0 im going to do it tomoz if i get time!! Defo upload ur pics i wanna see how theyve all turned out ")
Good luck!! Xx

♥♡

Is there anyone who uses anything other than Wella, and the other line listed here I've never heard of.
Anyone have suggestions one what formula to tone with using Schwarzkopf or Matrix?

Wella 10/8 with 0/11 goes grey xx

Is there anyone who uses anything other than Wella, and the other line listed here I've never heard of.
Anyone have suggestions one what formula to tone with using Schwarzkopf or Matrix?

I've only used a little bit of schwarzkopf I wasn't too keen on it but the toner 9 1/2-1 was a lovely colour on really light hair but found it faded quickly but then that was probably because my hair was battered , I have never used matrix but know people who do and love the colour sync SPV and SPA toners

definately luo colour,
po is white
po1 will make it silver keep watching tho can turn quick

Latest posts

Back