CND loyals

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
U lot should be ashamed of yourselves

[emoji23]

Holding my head & bum in shame as I reluctantly close the door behind me [emoji17]

I didn't mean to recloset everyone! :o

Oh no I love a rebel, makes me want to come out again!!!
I'm only peering my head out, I'll let Trinity test the waters before exiting the comfort of my closet lol you lot can leave though, its getting a bit stuffy in here :p

Gosh this closet is really crowded, mmmm

Just to jump in here, I'm a madam glam fan! I did have a lil discussion with coco before about them and decided not to use on clients as they are non pro, but now more confident in my ability and choices, they are great, I'm always on the hunt for a great black and white which they do! x

I'm out and proud, no-one puts Trin in a closet :p

Trinity I'm not liking this side to u
Your like a fairy godmother and I can't stop visualising you trying to escape a closet and it's all a bit to much

Just to jump in here, I'm a madam glam fan! I did have a lil discussion with coco before about them and decided not to use on clients as they are non pro, but now more confident in my ability and choices, they are great, I'm always on the hunt for a great black and white which they do! x

Where have u been? I haven't seen u for ages

Bizarrely enough tips is the one thing I haven't tried any others of....my CND Velocity do my nicely :D
Trinity, may I ask you a question?
I too use the CND velocity tips. Do you use these on every type of nail?
It's just I was reading in the nail tech book that I should have several different tips to suit different needs.
Thank you
Carla

Trinity I'm not liking this side to u
Your like a fairy godmother and I can't stop visualising you trying to escape a closet and it's all a bit to much

Oh dear, this fairy godmother wears DMs and aint afraid to kick a few doors in, sorry Chick ;)

Trinity, may I ask you a question?
I too use the CND velocity tips. Do you use these on every type of nail?
It's just I was reading in the nail tech book that I should have several different tips to suit different needs.
Thank you
Carla

I have in my 'collecting dust drawer' (we all have on after a few years) every tip, in every shape and colour that CND do, and i can honestly say I've not had need to use any other shape in as long as I can remember. That's not to say its not worth having them because everyday a new challenge will come through the door, but i wouldn't stress about it. I had a 100 pack of each of them.

To be honest, I've raided some of them for practice nails, I've not used white tips since my foundation course, so i used most of them for nail art/stamping practice. I've got maybe 2/3 of each size left just in case.

Oh dear, this fairy godmother wears DMs and aint afraid to kick a few doors in, sorry Chick ;)

Even my fairy nail mother is quirky

Sadly the Geek hasn't issued the Geek Commandments since the last platform change, I think it's a bad idea not to provide a written set of guidelines to work within on the site, but our Mods do a fabulous, thankless task of keeping the site and posters on track, however, from what I remember you were not permitted to 'peddle thy wares' (sell) unless you were marked as a Merchant and clearly showed you were peddling goods, but recommendations, discussion and support of any and all brands was allowed. Bluesky has had plenty of airtime on this site and many others, there are lots of non-pro brands being discussed.

Thanks Trinity... hmmm. I DID have them here somewhere though! In fact, I updated them for the platform change. Will add to my list to find! :)

Re: non pro brands, you and Karen (Noodle) are right. Go ahead and discuss as long as it is an honest discussion between pros and not something manipulated in an attempt to generate sales. I would also ask we are measured about endorsing/advocating the use of non professional products on a site that is dedicated to the professional. For a couple of reasons.

1. Many products have different formulations depending on the target market. Professional products are generally trained for use with those that are educated while consumer products are often diluted in design to cater to a market that may be totally uneducated on the relevant technicalities.

2. It can be challenging enough to help consumers understand the level of dedication it takes to be an educated professional. Too many think that any idiot can do nails safely and successfully. Walking into a salon using Fructus, Clarols "Nice n Easy" or Boots own nail polish undermines the professional. It also suggests to manufacturers that their customers really don't care about the importance of education or formulation and that they should mass produce for all. In short, I believe it sends really bad signals for us as a profession.

Finally... as a supplier that is dedicated to the professional... I would strongly encourage you to reach out to your various suppliers if there are shortcomings in their offerings. I am sure most would more than welcome the opportunity to serve you better.

Just my bug bear... ultimately I want people to be able to participate in the site as they want as long as it is constructive and beneficial for others in the profession :)

*Peeps head back out of the MG closet door. Laughs to see Trinty's DM prints leading the way* :p:D

Finally... as a supplier that is dedicated to the professional... I would strongly encourage you to reach out to your various suppliers if there are shortcomings in their offerings. I am sure most would more than welcome the opportunity to serve you

Great, bring back Brisa Smoothing Gel then yeah? Cheers :p ;)

*Peeps head back out of the MG closet door. Laughs to see Trinty's DM prints leading the way* :p:D

While I'm laughing my head off

Latest posts

Back