CND loyals

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried Acrylink but it was too slow setting for me and too few colours.
I've now converted from Nsi which I loved to CJP. It's a dream to work with. My appointments are quicker now and clients love it too.
CJP are expanding premises so perhaps international shipping won't be too far away...
Thanks Cinderella, I've been seeing everyone's nail mail and it looks amazing. I had reached out to them and they were looking into some options, so I'm keeping an eye on it. The issue with shipping is always the liquids unfortunately. But fingers crossed they will work something out soon :)

Thanks for the response, do you have a pic of the nails you just did?

I've reached out to CJP but they currently don't have any sort of international shipping, so was waiting a bit on that

Pahhahaha! No! I talk the talk but I don't walk the walk. my ego is far too fragile to post pictures of my work :oops::rolleyes:

Pahhahaha! No! I talk the talk but I don't walk the walk. my ego is far too fragile to post pictures of my work :oops::rolleyes:
I bet your work is amazing xx

I bet your work is amazing xx

Thats very kind of you, but I see nails on here and know I don't produce work to that standard! LOL :confused:

I bet it's so pretty your my nail queen

Thats very kind of you, but I see nails on here and know I don't produce work to that standard! LOL :confused:
I often feel that most of our work is better than we actually think but we are all so overly critical of ourselves, and genuinely afraid that what we think maybe be true, but in most cases it really isn't xx

I often feel that most of our work is better than we actually think but we are all so overly critical of ourselves, and genuinely afraid that what we think maybe be true, but in most cases it really isn't xx

Very true, I usually look at my work and think it's pants, then I'll look at the pictures later and think actually they're not that bad.

A few years back I did a set of P&W on a client, I felt the whole application went wrong from the beginning, you know the days....nothing goes right, you can't get your free edges straight before you even start applying product. My smile lines were awful, I seemed to be messing about for ages to get them right. Final finishing filing was terrible, I thought they were bumpy and thick and generally I wasn't happy. But you smile and keep those picky little frustrations to yourself, although I didn't charge her full price as I felt they weren't worth it.

A week or so later I bumped into her in Tesco, she flashed me this set of gorgeous P&W extensions, they were stunning, perfectly shaped, smile lines were gorgeous! I was heartbroken inside, but smiled and said they're lovely where did you get them done? (secretly planning to stalk this place and find out who this tech was). She burst out laughing at me and said 'you're so funny! you know you did them last week!!' :confused: LOL!!

I couldn't believe I'd done them, I suppose I was seeing them for the first time without knowing they were my work so wasn't looking to criticise myself, only see the good in them for the other person. It was certainly an odd feeling ;)

OK, don't get excited, they're very simple and boring, and show no skill level, but I have put pictures in my album of some clear, L&P overlays I did on myself yesterday using Entity.

I'm resisting the urge to put some gel polish on them as I'm waiting on a couple of holo pigments in the post.

Very true, I usually look at my work and think it's pants, then I'll look at the pictures later and think actually they're not that bad.

A few years back I did a set of P&W on a client, I felt the whole application went wrong from the beginning, you know the days....nothing goes right, you can't get your free edges straight before you even start applying product. My smile lines were awful, I seemed to be messing about for ages to get them right. Final finishing filing was terrible, I thought they were bumpy and thick and generally I wasn't happy. But you smile and keep those picky little frustrations to yourself, although I didn't charge her full price as I felt they weren't worth it.

A week or so later I bumped into her in Tesco, she flashed me this set of gorgeous P&W extensions, they were stunning, perfectly shaped, smile lines were gorgeous! I was heartbroken inside, but smiled and said they're lovely where did you get them done? (secretly planning to stalk this place and find out who this tech was). She burst out laughing at me and said 'you're so funny! you know you did them last week!!' :confused: LOL!!

I couldn't believe I'd done them, I suppose I was seeing them for the first time without knowing they were my work so wasn't looking to criticise myself, only see the good in them for the other person. It was certainly an odd feeling ;)
Absolutely an odd feeling, but I'm sure when you had a minute to think about it you must have been absolutely proud of how beautiful they looked, and the fact that she loved them as well and had a little laugh at you, because it was in fact your work.

I think far too often we are so critical of ourselves and almost always only see the imperfections and where we could improve, that being said in some aspects it's good that we are all like this because it pushes us to work harder and try perfect all the flaws that are so apparent to us. Sometimes looking at things with fresh eyes can completely change your perspective :p

What is CJP??

I've never tried madam glam either, but they have the most stunning royal blue.

I've also never splashed out on magpie :o Just seems like a lot to spend on glitters. Some of them are stunning though!

A madam glam thread might have to go in chit chat?

What is CJP??

I've never tried madam glam either, but they have the most stunning royal blue.

I've also never splashed out on magpie :eek: Just seems like a lot to spend on glitters. Some of them are stunning though!

A madam glam thread might have to go in chit chat?

CJP Nail Systems - a new brand of L&P in the UK

Magpie are not expensive glitters but great quality

Madam Glam can be discussed on here, it's the Salon Geek not CND Geek. There have been plenty of discussions about other brands over the years, in fact Grand Master Geek has invited representatives from other brands to be members and support the Geeks but not many have ever taken up the offer.

CJP Nail Systems - a new brand of L&P in the UK

Magpie are not expensive glitters but great quality

Madam Glam can be discussed on here, it's the Salon Geek not CND Geek. There have been plenty of discussions about other brands over the years, in fact Grand Master Geek has invited representatives from other brands to be members and support the Geeks but not many have ever taken up the offer.
thank you, ill check that out.

I just feel that, when I already have a whole set of lecente.. :eek: I am very, very tempted by magpie though.!

definitely, and I think that's very important. Most of us here work alone so this is our equivalent to a staffroom. I just thought that we weren't supposed to be recommending non-pro brands?

I meant to say in my last post (but got distracted by the sun...) that you nails look fab btw

I just feel that, when I already have a whole set of lecente.. :eek: I am very, very tempted by magpie though.!

definitely, and I think that's very important. Most of us here work alone so this is our equivalent to a staffroom. I just thought that we weren't supposed to be recommending non-pro brands?

I meant to say in my last post (but got distracted by the sun...) that you nails look fab btw

Sadly the Geek hasn't issued the Geek Commandments since the last platform change, I think it's a bad idea not to provide a written set of guidelines to work within on the site, but our Mods do a fabulous, thankless task of keeping the site and posters on track, however, from what I remember you were not permitted to 'peddle thy wares' (sell) unless you were marked as a Merchant and clearly showed you were peddling goods, but recommendations, discussion and support of any and all brands was allowed. Bluesky has had plenty of airtime on this site and many others, there are lots of non-pro brands being discussed.

While everyone is of course entitled to use whatever brands they wish, please remember that Salon Geek does not advocate the use of non professional brands.

What a wonderful story I had butterfly feelings towards the end

Hahahahaha so funny seeing everyone run and hide and close the madam closet door

No laughing at our jiggly bums as we run for cover lol

Latest posts

Back