Do you think I'm crazy, new salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NO YOU'RE NOT!!!
I'm glad there is people like you in the world, keep working hard, you don't need money to start off a business just keep building trust me jut don't give up and remember patience is the key to a great business!!!

just a little update iv had an offer accepted on a property :)

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek mobile app

Just thought I would say congrats! again lol! I am watching this space and my inboxes for updates :)) xx

after deciding to walk away the landlord has agreed the terms.

Finally

Last edited:
thats good news please be aware for us it took over 7 weeks from agreeing heads of terms to actually getting the keys xx

thank you im not in any rush to be in for Christmas would be good.

how is your salon going x

Yes we hoped to be in before summer but we are still not ready. It's going well most of the works are done just getting all the equipment in now and making it look pretty :)

Yes we hoped to be in before summer but we are still not ready. It's going well most of the works are done just getting all the equipment in now and making it look pretty :)

that really good.
Is there a lot of salons in your area, there seem to be loads popping up locally, gona have some competition

there are a few salons in the area,that do the standard beauty treatments but we also offer medical aesthetic treatments which they dont, we are the only ones in the shopping centre to offer laser hair removal(yag/alexandrite), botox, fillers and medical grade peels,.

Congrats on your venture, I am in my 6th week of business as a hair and tanning salon. the whole thing took a year of planning, like you my original shop I put an offer in did not work out and I resigned myself to it not being meant to be but a few months later a shop in the same parade over the road came up for similar terms, it was a better location as next to car park and more passing trade so things definatly happen for a reason! It's been really hard work, 24/7 non stop plus I have my other job as well as a lecturer in a college which I couldn't afford to give up as I knew it will be a while before I make any profit from the salon but 6 weeks in I finally met my weekly target and that is in mid august which according to my neighbours is the areas quietest 2 weeks!

Go for it, I truly believe you regret the things you don't do, not the things you do do and whatever happens you learn so much from it. worst case scenario you lose a bit of money but ours is a growing industry which the Internet can't provide so I hope you do really well! Good luck xxx

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Congrats on your venture, I am in my 6th week of business as a hair and tanning salon. the whole thing took a year of planning, like you my original shop I put an offer in did not work out and I resigned myself to it not being meant to be but a few months later a shop in the same parade over the road came up for similar terms, it was a better location as next to car park and more passing trade so things definatly happen for a reason! It's been really hard work, 24/7 non stop plus I have my other job as well as a lecturer in a college which I couldn't afford to give up as I knew it will be a while before I make any profit from the salon but 6 weeks in I finally met my weekly target and that is in mid august which according to my neighbours is the areas quietest 2 weeks!

Go for it, I truly believe you regret the things you don't do, not the things you do do and whatever happens you learn so much from it. worst case scenario you lose a bit of money but ours is a growing industry which the Internet can't provide so I hope you do really well! Good luck xxx

Sounds fantastic!

We're 2 weeks away from opening, and we move in tomorrow to begin training.

This will be the third salon I have opened in 10 years, but this time it's definitely the biggest...just HUGE, and we have spent a fortune. We have a cocktail bar, massive retail area, shellac room, 14 stations, wash room, 3 treatment rooms, classroom, massage room, relaxation room and also a VIP room. We are already fully booked for the week before we open. I can't wait to open now.

You're right, you can't get your hair cut on the Internet! :)

Sounds fantastic!

This will be the third salon I have opened in 10 years, but this time it's definitely the biggest...just HUGE, and we have spent a fortune. We have a cocktail bar, massive retail area, shellac room, 14 stations, wash room, 3 treatment rooms, classroom, massage room, relaxation room and also a VIP room. We are already fully booked for the week before we open. I can't wait to open now.

Sounds amazing!!

Good luck.

Jemima :)

thank you im not in any rush to be in for Christmas would be good.

how is your salon going x

Hi glad to hear things are going to plan for you! Keep us posted :). I'm on week 7 of all legal stuff, was meant to collect keys and sign lease last week didn't happen, supposed to be today, when I spoke to my solicitor they said they are still waiting for final completion figures from the landlord it's been two weeks now he has been waiting for these figures hope they hurry up, I need an opening date for my leaflets which are meant to be being designed this week! X

Sounds fantastic!

This sounds incredible! Well done you. Keep us posted :) x

Hi gals, firstly well done, ive just read through this thread and am very inspired indeed!!!!

I have a few questions; When you talk about making offers- is that for leases. The premises I am looking at, are offered at an annual price {£8550} is it normal, to just accept that, or, offer less. Do you pay the year upfront??? I know I can do anyplace up very cheaply, using gumtree, buy and sells, and my dad, who is painter decorator/handyman... Then a full stock, that's the kind of money I can get.

I just don't know where to start!!!!

Always put an offer in, you have nothing to lose & especially if u r in a good position to move quickly as they might not want it standing empty not collecting any rent. Also if there is work to do ask for at least 1 month free rent to help cover your costs, I got a free month. I pay my lease monthly but had to pay 3 months deposit. Good luck x

Just got my keys whoop! X

Congratulations! I remember collecting my keys, heading over to the studio and standing in the work that needed to be done feeling very pleased with myself lol ;-)

Post pics of your space as it is and as you go along <3

Seeing, capturing, creating & presenting beauty

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Hi gals, firstly well done, ive just read through this thread and am very inspired indeed!!!!

I have a few questions; When you talk about making offers- is that for leases. The premises I am looking at, are offered at an annual price {£8550} is it normal, to just accept that, or, offer less. Do you pay the year upfront??? I know I can do anyplace up very cheaply, using gumtree, buy and sells, and my dad, who is painter decorator/handyman... Then a full stock, that's the kind of money I can get.

I just don't know where to start!!!!

No with commercial property you can put your own offer forward, i think most landlords expect this to happen.

I did a lot of research before i went a head, the internet is a great place to find advice.

If work needs doing ask for a few months rent free, you can ask to pay monthly and offer a lower rent. Most things are negotiable.

Don't forget to check out what the business rate are and if there is any maintainene fees, as these will need to be paid too.

there are also different types of lease, Full insuring and repairing lease, internal repairing lease. definitely worth familiarising yourself with these.

feel free to ask me anything x

can any of you salon owners advise what deposit you had to pay

thank you

can any of you salon owners advise what deposit you had to pay

thank you

I paid 3 months upfront. £650 a month so£1950 xx

Latest posts

Back