Do you think I'm crazy, new salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi DNX,

Can I ask you what software or programme you used to design your new studio on the computer? I'm about to expand and need to think about the design and layout. I'm also trying to do it all on a budget :)

Thanks, Missmel x

Go for it, eBay is a great resource and a lot is in the finishing. I designed my studio on my computer and my husband created it for me. Professional builders have seen the finish and said that it's easily a £20k+ refurb! I didn't have that kind of money and was just resourceful and maybe a bit lucky as it was around a quarter of that with underfloor heating, kahrs flooring, quality washroom, new internal walls and frontage, oh and furniture etc.

Take a look at the transformation and it's changing again to accommodate my nail studio and projector is going in today...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjYs8jDfdUg

I'm thinking about the possibility of growing the beauty side of the business and recruiting someone to work for me. Lots to do before then, like building a solid client base and the demand!!

Go for it and keep us updated xx

Well done I'm just finishing mine hopefully this week it's already about 25 pages long. Are you going for finance at the banks? I'm so worried Bout being turned down I think my dad will give me some deposit but still have to ask him 😳

Hi Gracemae,

Do you mind if I ask if you used a template for your business plan or are just developing your own? I started my business over 12 years ago now but I'm about to expand and thought it might finally be a good idea to have it all written out properly!

Hi DNX,

Can I ask you what software or programme you used to design your new studio on the computer? I'm about to expand and need to think about the design and layout. I'm also trying to do it all on a budget :)

Thanks, Missmel x

Missmel, I'll check on my mac - I purchased it from the AppStore specifically for it.

It was amazing what we achieved on our budget!

Seeing, capturing, creating & presenting beauty

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Missmel, I'll check on my mac - I purchased it from the AppStore specifically for it.

It was amazing what we achieved on our budget!

Thank you, that would be really helpful :)

Can i ask what change of use entails - do you have to pay for this??

Hi DNX,

Thanks, Missmel x

Hi missmel

It's was a mixture really of my daughters father sending me a template using the search bar on here there is so much info on here about business plans, I researched on line and used a book called how to open a successful beauty salon the plan took me about 6 weeks it felt like ages but it's done now I open up on September. I'm so nervous but I have such a good feeling about it :) good news for you expanding though well done x

Hi missmel

It's was a mixture really of my daughters father sending me a template using the search bar on here there is so much info on here about business plans, I researched on line and used a book called how to open a successful beauty salon the plan took me about 6 weeks it felt like ages but it's done now I open up on September. I'm so nervous but I have such a good feeling about it :) good news for you expanding though well done x

I can already tell you that you are going to do really well as your planning and enthusiasm alone will set you up for a great start in your new venture! I've had my business for nearly 12 years now and I'm not sure how I ever started it without a proper business plan but I guess it must have all been in my head somewhere!

I found a thread which mentioned the princes's trust, so I downloaded a business plan template from there... I suppose better late than never!!

I'm hopefully going to be expanding to the bigger shop in September too so it will be around the same time as you, so we're kind of in it together! :D
All the very best with it... we'll have to keep each other posted! x

I can already tell you that you are going to do really well as your planning and enthusiasm alone will set you up for a great start in your new venture! I've had my business for nearly 12 years now and I'm not sure how I ever started it without a proper business plan but I guess it must have all been in my head somewhere!

I found a thread which mentioned the princes's trust, so I downloaded a business plan template from there... I suppose better late than never!!

I'm hopefully going to be expanding to the bigger shop in September too so it will be around the same time as you, so we're kind of in it together! :D
All the very best with it... we'll have to keep each other posted! x

That's very sweet of you Hun thank you and brought a tear to my eye as I am working my arse off at the moment I want this business to be for my daughter grace a stable working envoirment setting an example for her and something to hand down to her when she is older, I am a single mum trying my absolute best to get off of benefits, i love my job so much.
my boyfriend of 8 months has just left me for a married women (afriend of mine) he has been with her behind my back for a week and he has moved her in I was meant to be moving in next April. As hurtful as this is it has given me even more fuel to make my business work and put two fingers up to him. My business will work and it will be successful. I've been a beauty therapist for over 10 years been mobile, worked in a salon, travelled the world, and now have my beautiful daughter. I've been in my beauty room for a year in September and I'm struggling to fit everyone in! I've worked so hard. I know what you mean with things being in your head but I what I do is carry a notepad around with me and if I think of anything I just write it down. I research salon geek nearly every night the information on this site is invaluable. It sounds great that you are expanding and I'm sure you'll do great use this site as much as possible there is wealth of experience here. And ask as many questions as you need! Good luck to you look forward to hearing how your getting on :) x

This is such an inspiring thread. It is my dream to open up a lash and tan studio one day. My daughter is only two at the moment and the cash isn't there but I believe when the time is right I will do it!

Go for it and keep us updated! :)

That's very sweet of you Hun thank you and brought a tear to my eye as I am working my arse off at the moment I want this business to be for my daughter grace a stable working envoirment setting an example for her and something to hand down to her when she is older, I am a single mum trying my absolute best to get off of benefits, i love my job so much.
my boyfriend of 8 months has just left me for a married women (afriend of mine) he has been with her behind my back for a week and he has moved her in I was meant to be moving in next April. As hurtful as this is it has given me even more fuel to make my business work and put two fingers up to him. My business will work and it will be successful. I've been a beauty therapist for over 10 years been mobile, worked in a salon, travelled the world, and now have my beautiful daughter. I've been in my beauty room for a year in September and I'm struggling to fit everyone in! I've worked so hard. I know what you mean with things being in your head but I what I do is carry a notepad around with me and if I think of anything I just write it down. I research salon geek nearly every night the information on this site is invaluable. It sounds great that you are expanding and I'm sure you'll do great use this site as much as possible there is wealth of experience here. And ask as many questions as you need! Good luck to you look forward to hearing how your getting on :) x

Aw Gracemae, I'm so sorry to hear that about your boyfriend, what a rotten scoundrel for want of a better word! Sounds like you're much better off without him but brilliant that your focusing so hard on your new venture... it will be a great distraction for you, and a bloody brilliant way to make a fresh a start all round and show what a strong, successful business woman you are!

My business has seen me through many tough times (quite often men related!) but it's always been a constant in my life for which I am so so grateful! It's something that you can be very proud of, considering the horrible stuff that's happening in your life too ... Well done hun :) x

just a little update iv had an offer accepted on a property :)

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek mobile app

just a little update iv had an offer accepted on a property :)

Congrats T, this is fab news. Have you got a solicitor sorted and surveyor? Xx

Oh wow that's great news good luck. We currently have builders working in our shop:)

Congratulations!

Jemima :)

yep its all in the hands of the solicitor :)

yep its all in the hands of the solicitor :)

Great stuff, you could have the keys in 3-6 weeks. Post pics please xx

Congratulations! Very pleased for you :) x

That's great news! Congratulations :) mines still with the solicitors should only be a couple of weeks until get the keys :) x

How exciting! Pleased its a worked out for you. Keep us updated :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

thank you for your support, i will keep you posted x

Latest posts

Back