HD Brows suspending account as haven't purchased goods in 6 months

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes she is in the photos but she has officially left the company.

You're right about the virtual stockist. I was planning on ordering on behalf of my ladies so that I would know my unique code was definitely used. Thinking about it though the products are most likely sold at full retail price.

Unfortunately I didn't get that far as I refused to by make up products that I didn't want. [emoji19]
X

They did the same to me. They removed me from their salon finder which they still haven't put me back on even though I purchased more tint. They said it's because you need to order tint every 6 months. They took me off their facebook page too. I trained with them in 2010 and always championed them and so I was absolutely disgusted.
They are always out of stock of products too. They got too greedy and I wouldn't recommend them now personally. I think it also speaks volumes that Nilam is now walking away from the brand!

I Defo agree the company has got greedy shame I always thought they were super professional- always out of stock too yet your not allowed to use any other products. So many other versions of Hdbrows popping up now too they are up against a lot of competition

They've also stopped doing back orders. Previously, you could put your order in and if something was out of stock they would forward it onto you as soon as it was in stock. No extra cost in postage.

Now, if anything is out of stock you have to wait to look everyday for it to come back in stock and then order it and and pay full postage on it.. even if you only ordered a couple of days ago you will have to pay full postage on one item! So very annoying.

It makes you want to stock up, but if you stock up they'll sting you when you don't put an order in, in the next 5 months.

I would not invest further with the HD brand

X

I've been really interested reading this thread and so glad I decided to come on a search as I am just about to take the plunge and go to hdbrow training in Milton Keynes at a cost of over 1600 plus accommodation and travel. Im glad my gut instinct held me back. I'm REALLY having second thoughts now. Can other brow trainers be recommended please as I have several clients now waiting as soon as I qualify. Thanks so much! X

I've been really interested reading this thread and so glad I decided to come on a search as I am just about to take the plunge and go to hdbrow training in Milton Keynes at a cost of over 1600 plus accommodation and travel. Im glad my gut instinct held me back. I'm REALLY having second thoughts now. Can other brow trainers be recommended please as I have several clients now waiting as soon as I qualify. Thanks so much! X

I also didn't go with hd after speaking to them i wasn't happy and was just so much money for my little salon so my gut instinct held me back and I'm glad it did as I now do Billion Dollar Brows and it's very popular! I booked through Billion Dollar Brows and they had a list of trainers, I looked at the Facebook page and Instagram page of the trainers and chose Bespoke Beauty in Essex as I loved her brow photos, was excellent training I loved every second. Xx

I also didn't go with hd after speaking to them i wasn't happy and was just so much money for my little salon so my gut instinct held me back and I'm glad it did as I now do Billion Dollar Brows and it's very popular! I booked through Billion Dollar Brows and they had a list of trainers, I looked at the Facebook page and Instagram page of the trainers and chose Bespoke Beauty in Essex as I loved her brow photos, was excellent training I loved every second. Xx

That's great advice, thank you Cupcake 101. I'll look into Billion Dollar as well. Unfortunately I can't make it to Excel London this year, otherwise I'd have gone to all the brow stands...any other info people would be amazing though so that I make the right decision for my business! X

You could also try Brows by Mii, which is distributed by Gerrard International. The training is free with your opening order.

Haven't been on salon geek for a while, so glad I came across this thread. I also have had my account suspended recently. Was in two minds as to getting in touch with them but after reading these comments I don't think I'll bother!! I also didn't do a lot of brows and feel the company is getting greedier.
Now to think up a new name for my brow treatment, any ideas ladies??

I understand how a suspended account can be annoying but they are only protecting stylists to make sure everyone is using the right products and not buying elsewhere. I have a friend with same problem she explained her situation and they were fine with it. I think they are a great company and hd has changed my life. I currently just do hd and i have around 40 clients a week its so popular and my clients love it. X

I understand how a suspended account can be annoying but they are only protecting stylists to make sure everyone is using the right products and not buying elsewhere.

I think you're being exceptionally naive if you believe that tale of spin.

Would you think it good business practice to say to your own clients, 'if you don't re-book with me every couple of months then I will refuse to offer you any future appointments'?

Would that be serving the best interests of your clients?

I think you're being exceptionally naive if you believe that tale of spin.

Would you think it good business practice to say to your own clients, 'if you don't re-book with me every couple of months then I will refuse to offer you any future appointments'?

Would that be serving the best interests of your clients?

Slightly different but ok. Its just my opinion am i not aloud to voice it? I did say if you spoke and explained current situations it might be different. I don't agree with everything they do, but thanks to hd i love my job and earn a great living from it. Its just a opinion.

Last edited:
Hi ladies...I'm hd trained. I totally understand where you guys are coming from and I must admit I also don't totally agree with things they do. But how else can they really protect the brand. If you could just order whenever you wanted then therapists would be so tempted to start buying cheaper tints and products instead of ordering from them. I suppose this is their way of making sure that hd products are always used during their treatments. I don't do loads of treatments and haven't been qualified 6 months yet so still perfecting my brows but I have placed a few orders since then. Don't see how you wouldn't need to order. You need your patch tests, I'm sure there only give you about 20 with your kit. Your tint and developer. They have just brought out new brow cremes which I've just put an order in for to try. They had sales on over Xmas and ordered some family some make up products. You paid such a lot for your training, it would just make sense to keep placing small orders with them. No ok it's not right and other companies don't work this way but for the sake of an order every 6 months it keeps you on the salon finder and your account active. X

Hi ladies...I'm hd trained. I totally understand where you guys are coming from and I must admit I also don't totally agree with things they do. But how else can they really protect the brand. If you could just order whenever you wanted then therapists would be so tempted to start buying cheaper tints and products instead of ordering from them. I suppose this is their way of making sure that hd products are always used during their treatments. I don't do loads of treatments and haven't been qualified 6 months yet so still perfecting my brows but I have placed a few orders since then. Don't see how you wouldn't need to order. You need your patch tests, I'm sure there only give you about 20 with your kit. Your tint and developer. They have just brought out new brow cremes which I've just put an order in for to try. They had sales on over Xmas and ordered some family some make up products. You paid such a lot for your training, it would just make sense to keep placing small orders with them. No ok it's not right and other companies don't work this way but for the sake of an order every 6 months it keeps you on the salon finder and your account active. X

I have been doing this treatment for a few years and it has not picked up at all. I am constantly sought after for my other treatments but the HD market is flooded. As per previous posts many of us order in bulk to save on the postage or to take advantage of 20% off discount days etc.

I have NO interest at all in their make up range. Make up is NOT part of my business and I resent being pressurised constantly by HD to invest in or try it.

If I bought a few items of each new product they launched, I'd lose money hand over fist.

I have explained my situation to HD and they can see my old orders so they know I have over ordered on all essentials items. It has made no difference to them at all. It feels very much like blackmail to me - Pay up or we will cut you off!!

I was eager when I was recently retrained too. And I wish you luck. But for me, I have been let down and unsupported in every way. Unless you throw money at them they will not support you.

Hi flying beauty,

I can totally understand how you feel let down, I would totally feel the same. Such a shame they treat therapists who invested into they brand this way. You must feel so angry. I'm just going to order little and often from now on instead of bulk buying. X

Yes, I would never compromise my reputation by using cheaper non HD products for a HD treatment. You never know who will walk through your doors.
I do just feel let down by them.... it's all about chasing the new therapists rather than devolving the existing therapists. If I treated my clients this way I wouldn't have any regulars at all.
Honestly, I hope you have great success. If you do feel, free to share your tactics to draw in new HD Clients xx

They've also stopped doing back orders. Previously, you could put your order in and if something was out of stock they would forward it onto you as soon as it was in stock. No extra cost in postage.

Now, if anything is out of stock you have to wait to look everyday for it to come back in stock and then order it and and pay full postage on it.. even if you only ordered a couple of days ago you will have to pay full postage on one item! So very annoying.

It makes you want to stock up, but if you stock up they'll sting you when you don't put an order in, in the next 5 months.

I would not invest further with the HD brand

X

That really, really winds me up. It's not your fault that it's out of stock. When my trade customers order from me, if I'm out of stock I do not make them pay shipping. That's just bloody rude.

Just had a look at the terms and conditions, you have to spend £150 in three months, doesn't make any diffrence if you stock up or not its that amount in 3 months. It's cheaper to stock up as you save on delivery really. X

Im not saying i 100% agree but i get why they do it. I have no problem
I do around 40 hd brow treatments a week so i do purchase a lot. I find hd very supportive which I've never had from another brand. And i never get pressured to buy or stock make up

Over 7 days, that is 5 treatments per day.

I am sure you are doing 40 HD Brows per week, but a lot of therapist are not. many are not solely HD Brows stylist. Many stylists, like myself offer a variety of treatments some of which are more lucrative. If I did 5 sets per day I would not have much time for my other treatments. Also many stylists are part time too.

The main gripe is that there is no leeway from HD and they DO pressure you to do make up IF you try to become a virtual stylist.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back