Heart attack or trapped wind...don't laugh i could be dying

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MINKUS said:
welcome to bbc Cumbria, and now for the Local News......

Weather ALERT Gale force WINDS are approaching:wink2:

lol

hope you feel better soon hun!

Amb xx

Cheeky mare!!..so if i DO die you won't be wanting any of my Brisa then?...lol

mamma said:
Cheeky mare!!..so if i DO die you won't be wanting any of my Brisa then?...lol

ah bless ya.......drink loads of fizzy stuff? go for a curry? have some beans.mushy peas???

i had that problem 18 mths ago, just thought it was wind until i went to the doctors, found out i had gall stones. really really painful, thought i was going to die some days.
had them removed in june of last year, no pain now, but still get intergestion sometimes.

Awww hun! Hope oyu feel better soon!! I had this last week but as it turned out it was just a case of windy pops!! Best to get it checked out hun! Hope your ok!

This is a really nasty question but when was the last time you went to the toilet (2)?

Fingertips ND said:
This is a really nasty question but when was the last time you went to the toilet (2)?

LOL vicki you are so polite bless ya

Hi

My husband has the same symptoms as you but he gets it through the night and he can hardly move.

After trying, windeze, rennies and everyother heartburn, trapped wind remedy I made him an appointment to the doctors who put him on some tablets and told him not to eat anything after a certain time and drink lots of water but stay away from tea and coffee.

Although it has not completely gone it has improved and he finds also the ibrufen helps with the pain.

Trapped wind is the worst pain in the world I had it after I had a section when my little boy was born and I thought I was dying.

Also if you are sat bent over clients all day and maybe rushing food down at dinner it could cause the same kind of symptoms. I would maybe go to docs they will be able to advise you what to take.

I get this too on occation and it is crippling at times so I do feel for you Debbie. I find taking some kind of windeeze or Settlers helps a little. I also take some paracetamol and Ibroprofen to kick the pain. I then do stretching execises with my arms and shoulders if its in my chest area and find this helps a lot. If its in my lower abdomen I get on all fours and rock back and forth and this helps me a great deal.

One thing though.. try not to do this while there is anyone fanciable in the room as your street cred would suffer terrible!!

You can right feel for those poor likkul babies that suffer with colic once you have suffered trapped wind.. it is a horrendous pain, almost takes you back to childbirth!

Best of luck Debbie.. hope it subsides soon.

Oh, another thing I suffer from .. is like a vice pain all around my chest and back .... starts off like my bra is too tight or something ... and really starts to kick the pain in after a while .... I was told this is my gaulstones playing up.... !! So if you have anything on a similar sort of symptom ... keep of the fats as this will increase the intensity of the pain.

I'd give you a squeeze but I don't want to be there when you pop!! :Love::Love::Love:

Delisnails said:
Hi

Also if you are sat bent over clients all day and maybe rushing food down at dinner it could cause the same kind of symptoms. I would maybe go to docs they will be able to advise you what to take.

that's exactly the reason i get it! and not eating properly when i don't have the time rushing around in between clients

ooh you just reminded me what also helps is peppermint cordial i had to have this after my section coz your not allowed to take indigestion stuff coz of the painkillers , and that helps, i used to have it with hot water , hth

deflatine is the best one and drink a few glasses of quite hot water.

I take colofac this is for irritable bowl bu is excellent for the trpped wind part of it. One of these flu bugs going around down here at the moment one of the systomps is trapped wind with it, i get it in my shoulders and my ribs soemtimes it is sooo painful i can really feel for you hun. try a nice warm water bottle soem peprmint tea and a warm bath to let you relax and youc an make your own jacuzzi when you let rip.
x

Okay, the nurse in me swings into action here :rolleyes:, yeah I know! Several questions need to be asked first.
Is there history of heart problems in your family?
Is the pain worse with activity or comes on at rest?
Is it a stabbing pain, dull ache, crushing pain and does it radiate up the neck or down your arm?
Are you experiencing shortness of breath?
Are you having sweats?
When did you last go to the loo for a number 2?
Are you overweight? :smack: SORRY, I have to ask. It's relavant!
Do you smoke or have high cholesterol.

Have you tried Deflatine? They are marvellous for trapped wind.
Another thing you could do is lie with your bum in the air because hot air rises. I am serious! I had severe trapped wind when I was preggie and this helped.

Other than that, if in doubt, take yourself off to A&E. When I was nursing in ICU we never made light of suspected heart attacks and many of them came in with muscular pain. Better to be safe than sorry.

my dad had a heart attack suddenly last year (had 2 now) at first he thought it was trapped wind - went outside, collapsed and got rushed to hospital in an ambuance - they asked him all the questions mrs clooney has posted. if i were u debbie id get it checked out just to be on the safe side - hope u feel better soon chick xx

Guys, I think it would be a good idea if we stopped giving out medical advice on this site. I appreciate that you've all had different experiences over the years and have 'lived' to tell the tale. :)

However, if someone has pains in their chest, dont tell them that its definitely trapped wind, it could be .... anything. There are a multitude of signs and symptoms for someone who is having a heart attack, and there are varying degrees of attack, some a lot more intense than others, but all need to be checked by a qualified doctor.

If someone has an ongoing complaint as has been mentioned earlier and has been seen several times already by qualified personnel you have no need to worry about a heart attack but you should go and get your condition sorted once and for all..... for your own peace of mind.

Seanny said:
Guys, I think it would be a good idea if we stopped giving out medical advice on this site. I appreciate that you've all had different experiences over the years and have 'lived' to tell the tale. :)

However, if someone has pains in their chest, dont tell them that its definitely trapped wind, it could be .... anything. There are a multitude of signs and symptoms for someone who is having a heart attack, and there are varying degrees of attack, some a lot more intense than others, but all need to be checked by a qualified doctor.

If someone has an ongoing complaint as has been mentioned earlier and has been seen several times already by qualified personnel you have no need to worry about a heart attack but you should go and get your condition sorted once and for all..... for your own peace of mind.
Seanny, I think alot of the posts have been light hearted and in fun spirit. Mine was (sorry if nobody saw that) and some of us did say, "Go and get it checked out". Mamma posted the thread and some of us chose to reply.

thanks for all your replies i really appreciated it.

As minkus said yesterday the weather forecast in Cumbria yesterday was forecast as incoming gales...:eek: . But you will all be pleased to know that this has now blew over...(sorry for the pun) .

Today's forecast, Sunny with a light South Westerly breeze.

Although i wouldn't stand down wind just at the minute....lol :)

:hug:

thanks to Mrs clooney for her pm

i am so glad you are ok , i was getting a bit worried :green: glad it was only wind !!!!

Hi Tracey, I take your point and believe me, I dont wish to be a sourpuss, however there are people who will read a thread such as this and form an opinion on their health based on that information. Why? Because they read the info on a webpage, therefore it must be true.

A recent case in point was a thread detailing the signs and symptoms for recognising a stroke. The thread itself was based on an email forward that had been doing the rounds, needless to say that it wasnt in any way accurate in diagnosing a possible stroke, but that didnt stop several people in here becoming very concerned and agitated about past and present circumstances surrounding their own family members, and how things might have been different if only they had recognised the signs earlier.

Am I being overly sensitive? :confused: That's not a bit like me....:wink2:

So then, let's get back 'Gone with the Wind'
fart.gif

mamma said:
Thanks Sassy for that...lol!!

I often get chest pains some worse thatn others and iv'e been sent for scans before and everything was clear. Its just that last night was pretty bad and with it lasting so long, i don't like to think i'm bothering the doctors if it IS rapped wind.

I'm gonna call NHS direct.

Hi havne't had time to read the whole lot yet so someone may've already said this-but if in doubt buy some aspirin-unless ur allergic to them?!
But alot of heart attacks are causwed by blood clotting and aspirin thins your blood out. So if someones havin a heart aattack in can help to give them aspirin.
But i'm sure its not a heaert attack-but if ur worried which u sounded like u were-the drs always have to give u an emergency appt if u ask-but nhs direct are good too.
Hope its all better by now.Get some windcheaters tablets to store somewhere if it happens often tho,trapped wind is sooooooo horrible!
Milk can help too i think.
HTH a bit!
caren xxx

Latest posts

Back