Heart attack or trapped wind...don't laugh i could be dying

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
carend said:
Hi havne't had time to read the whole lot yet so someone may've already said this-but if in doubt buy some aspirin-unless ur allergic to them?!
But alot of heart attacks are causwed by blood clotting and aspirin thins your blood out. So if someones havin a heart aattack in can help to give them aspirin.
But i'm sure its not a heaert attack-but if ur worried which u sounded like u were-the drs always have to give u an emergency appt if u ask-but nhs direct are good too.
Hope its all better by now.Get some windcheaters tablets to store somewhere if it happens often tho,trapped wind is sooooooo horrible!
Milk can help too i think.
HTH a bit!
caren xxx
I'm going to have to agree with Seanny here and say that it's best we don't give out advice like this. That goes for me too. As we can see, Mamma is fine now so no harm done but actually, Asprin can be dangerous if taken by the wrong people. Sometimes heartburn pains can be related to an ulcer and asprin would certainly not be recommended in this case. Let's hope those Cumbrian gale force winds have well and truely blown away!

nailsbydesign said:
I would still have this checked out, pain from a mild heart attack will after a while stop, but just because it stops does not make it something to ignore. My husbands did this on a few occasions and it was only because I called the emergency out of hours doctor despite resistance from him, that an ambulance was sent immediately to our house and they did a heart trace and he WAS having a heart attack. We later discovered when they did further tests that the previous occurances had in fact been mild heart attacks too. He had no shortness of breath, no pain in his arm, no family history or any other signs, just the pain. It is not worth the risk to ignore things like this by doing so you could be risking your life.
OK lecture over, but please get this checked out.

Same thing happened to my husband last year. I remember him sitting at the table one day seriously complaining of chest pain and saying it was bad heartburn. He totally refused any medical help. A week later he had a class full of students and he had another one, this time he got to the hospital. While he was in there he had another two! When I worked at a doctors surgery a few years ago we were told that any chest pain whatsoever should definitely be checked out by a doctor.

Thanks for all your replies,i'll contact my doctor on Monday

mamma said:
Thanks for all your replies,i'll contact my doctor on Monday

I am so glad to hear that.

hi to everyone, been reading with interest the threads on trapped wind, my hubby went to docs last week, i was convinced he had either got a pulled muscle in his chest or a chest infection with the pain he had, everytime he picked anything heavy up. doc sent him away with nothing and he used a weeks holiday up rather than go on sick, but he had to go back this week, and a different doc ruled out both my thoughts and told him trapped wind?? he felt too embarrassed to tell anyone and its seeming to calm down now, anyone any info has to why it got this bad in the first place??? zzz

How interesting to see this thread again! I've been having problems with the enzyme levels in my liver. We've finally pinpointed possible gallstones and I am going in for a scan on Monday. But it shows that all this time I've been having this pain in my chest thinking it was indigestion and it probably wasn't. Just shows that we should get these things checked out fully by people who now what they are doing. :hug:

for trapped wind I find a good old fashioned fart in a well ventilated, but soundproof room helps !!!!!

In all reality, you should really get yourself off to the doctors if you have any doubts /fears.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry:
I have been sitting here, peeing my pants, laughing at loud at all the comments made here. Tears streaming down my face, I'm so ridiculous, my DOG is looking at me funny.:irked:

As suggested, doc's is the best thing.

Funny enough, I get chest pains on the upper left side occasionally. They are brief, and sharp pains, robbing me of breath. There for 2 to 60 seconds, then gone to be forgotten till the next time (a month or several away?)
My doctor keeps saying that it's 'strained muscle'.... :rolleyes:
Hmmm
I'm doubtful.
But I have Raynauds and get blood vessel spasms in my extremities... wonder if I get spasms in the heart area too?

Will ask him again at the next appointment.

BUT
THANKS FOR ALL THE GIGGLES.
Needed that :green:

could also be anxiety?! I suffer from heart burn and go through phases of panic attacks which i get sharp pains in my chest very similar to heart burn which runs through the family.
I have to do breathing exercises because it can last for days lying down makes it worse aswell!!
so if you are stressed or worried about something it could be that mines started cause i used to faint a lot so when i thought i was going to faint i'd start to panic etc etc ..

Hope you figure it all out xxx

sorry if i am replying to an old/dead thread but i have this trapped wind in the centre of my chest right near the start of the bottom of my throat. I am burping like an elephant here. I just wondered, would Dr. Pepper work just as good as that fizzy stuff to clear the pain and wind? sorry i am nervous i didnt know how to reply to this thread, so i just said what came off the top of my head, as i have this problem live right now. :cry:

I take Rennies or Tums for trapped wind.. they work for me! Hope you feel better soon :hug:

Cor blimey, i can't believe when i started this thread that it would have gathered so much interest, over 35,000 views :lol:

:hug::hug:

Latest posts

Back