Sharpie & Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seen this photo & it reminded me of this thread haha!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359976406.325940.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359976406.325940.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 1,148
Hi ladies. I bought these ones today in tesco. £5.25. They are Stabilo point 88. I am sure they are the same ones the very talented ibizasun posted pic off. HTH 😀

Have you used them yet? What's the verdict?
I bought some the other day. I haven't given it a good try yet but I drew a little heart on my nail just to see and it was very opaque, not very good...

yup, exactly like that - the only col im not very impressed with is the white, its a bit milky but the other col are really vibrant.

second thought, had a play last night and the blk kept pouring out so Id maybe not bother, especially at that price!

second thought, had a play last night and the blk kept pouring out so Id maybe not bother, especially at that price!

Oh really? What a pain! :( will stick with the sharpies then ;) thanks for letting me know :hug:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Seen this photo & it reminded me of this thread haha!

This is hilariballs and has been pinched for my FB page :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Have been reallly busy for last few days but don't forgot to take a picture of some more designs with markers. Take a picture of markers which I used for this nails.

Attachments

• SAM_3242.jpg
    SAM_3242.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 1,360
Have you used them yet? What's the verdict?
I bought some the other day. I haven't given it a good try yet but I drew a little heart on my nail just to see and it was very opaque, not very good...

Hi myshmash. Yeah I had a go with the black only to outline and I did have to go over a couple of times but looked ok. Defiantly easier than a dotting tool or brush for me as I not great at nail art but will keep practising practising practising............;)

Thanks for the reply.
I will have to give it a proper go!

Will this work or regular nailpolish btw, or just shellac/Gelish?

Thanks for the reply.
I will have to give it a proper go!

Will this work or regular nailpolish btw, or just shellac/Gelish?

I never try it on normal nail polish but works good on soak off gel polish, acrylic or gel, I always apply top seal to protect design, permanent markers are better as they dry instantly other markers you ned to be more cerfull as when apply top coat to qiuck may smudge them, ones seal they last till next appointment (about 3-5 weks) x

Bought 12 sharpies in a pack on eBay for £6 + 1.50 postage x

are we all using sharpies fine markers or ultra fine markers? :)

The first and third one are done with sharpies
427281_512475955471235_1387601395_n.jpg

Done these with sharpies tonight
hytavehu.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hi ladies. I bought these ones today in tesco. £5.25. They are Stabilo point 88. I am sure they are the same ones the very talented ibizasun posted pic off. HTH 😀

Ooh bargain! Have you tried them out yet? X

I've been wondering about this sharpie business since I saw a photo on Facebook! Looks awesome and i'd love to try it on myself! Not sure I'd feel comfortable doing it on a client though.

So after applying 2 coats of shellac for 2 mins each, you just draw on how long would it have to be left on average before applying top coat? And when you wipe the alcohol over the colour before top coat does that not take half it off?

I had a quick practise earlier. Copied from pic I saw the other day (no imagination 😉). Done hearts and dots with shellac, cured two mins each coat then I wiped with d sperse then drew swirls with pen ( could of done with going over again tho )and waited a min then added silver vip,cured, top coat, cured and pen never smudged under it x hth

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360019087.613625.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360019087.613625.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,235
My valentines nails done with dotting tool, sharpie, konad, mica powder. I threw everything I had at it! Lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 3,346

Latest posts

Back