Roots!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurensbeauty

Reaction score
so I always bleach my roots when they need doing but the past few times I've gone to a hairdresser where my friend works to get it done and I don't know what she uses to bleach them!!! I just use a box dye bleach (awful I know) but I just don't know what to buy from salon services ... I have a 12% developer that I use with wella 11/12 for when I go grey but I need to bleach my roots then go brown dip dye, I have attached a photo of my current roots any help is appreciated ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1407267051.857726.jpg

so I always bleach my roots when they need doing but the past few times I've gone to a hairdresser where my friend works to get it done and I don't know what she uses to bleach them!!! I just use a box dye bleach (awful I know) but I just don't know what to buy from salon services ... I have a 12% developer that I use with wella 11/12 for when I go grey but I need to bleach my roots then go brown dip dye, I have attached a photo of my current roots any help is appreciated View attachment 72075

I'm glad you asked this question, I'm not a beauty geek, but I need to know what wax and tint is best for my own eyebrows and what lamp I need to apply my own gel nails please. Just to save me money paying someone who's forked out tons of cash and time to gain the qualifications.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm glad you asked this question, I'm not a beauty geek, but I need to know what wax and tint is best for my own eyebrows and what lamp I need to apply my own gel nails please. Just to save me money paying someone who's forked out tons of cash and time to gain the qualifications.

Are you planning on waxing your full eyebrow off and then semi permanent tattooing them back on? That makes as much sense as the OP...

Please go to your hairdresser. This is a major colour correction.

I need a spray tan machine for my 22% lotion and can I water that down for my hand and feet?

No Kimi, Im not doing anything with my eyebrows lol

Ha ha.... Oh you guys!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

been sarcastic with me isn't exactally funny is it when everyone's meant to be helpful, I do hair but not cutting I did a colouring course through salon services

been sarcastic with me isn't exactally funny is it when everyone's meant to be helpful, I do hair but not cutting I did a colouring course through salon services

I think why some geeks may be slightly hostile is because a lot of us spent a lot of time and money on training (as I'm sure you did in beauty) and sometimes it can be insulting to ask certain questions about DIY jobs. Also wella don't have a 11 line, the 12 line is their highlift range.

I think why some geeks may be slightly hostile is because a lot of us spent a lot of time and money on training (as I'm sure you did in beauty) and sometimes it can be insulting to ask certain questions about DIY jobs. Also wella don't have a 11 line, the 12 line is their highlift range.

I think nobody understands I did a colour course at college along side beauty as enrichment hours, it was a 12 week course so I'm still picking up how to do certain things. I can assure you it's wella 12/11 I've attached a photo it's not a DIY job when I am qualified obviously nobody understands and I'd also like to point out that I can't change my profile on my phone to say yes I do hair and my friend set mine up and didn't read it properly 😒

Moderation: Attachment with Trade Price removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the post that makes me think your not a qualified hairdresser sorry! That's just my opinion beauty maybe but level 3 trained certainly not from this post! Again that's my opinion one minute you have done a colour corse then your level 3 trained your friends a hairdresser witch one is it? I think you should stick to beauty and stop commenting on the hairdressing threads it's annoying specially when your getting all your numbers wrong anyway that's twice you have done it now!

I think nobody understands I did a colour course at college along side beauty as enrichment hours, it was a 12 week course so I'm still picking up how to do certain things. I can assure you it's wella 12/11 I've attached a photo it's not a DIY job when I am qualified obviously nobody understands and I'd also like to point out that I can't change my profile on my phone to say yes I do hair and my friend set mine up and didn't read it properly 😒 View attachment 72234

As a quailed hairdresser I am aware that there is a shade 12/11. However in your original post and on another thread you have been incorrect and used the term 11/12. Easy mistake to make. But please don't "assure me" when it was you who has made the mistake. All I was doing was pointing out why some geeks have been hostile towards this post. I don't think your gonna get the answer your looking for on here to be honest.

As a quailed hairdresser I am aware that there is a shade 12/11. However in your original post and on another thread you have been incorrect and used the term 11/12. Easy mistake to make. But please don't "assure me" when it was you who has made the mistake. All I was doing was pointing out why some geeks have been hostile towards this post. I don't think your gonna get the answer your looking for on here to be honest.

Well said! not to mention she made the mistake twice! 🙈

I think nobody understands I did a colour course at college along side beauty as enrichment hours, it was a 12 week course so I'm still picking up how to do certain things. I can assure you it's wella 12/11 I've attached a photo it's not a DIY job when I am qualified obviously nobody understands and I'd also like to point out that I can't change my profile on my phone to say yes I do hair and my friend set mine up and didn't read it properly 😒 View attachment 72234

That's not level 3 then is it lol

OMG it gets better iv just read that you have even commented above your last post that you did a colour corse through salon services lol then two posts down its collage which one is it collage or Salon services I won't be commenting no more because this is unprofessional for me I just had to point this out as I found it very irritating that you kept commenting on hairdressing threads!

OMG it gets better iv just read that you have even commented above your last post that you did a colour corse through salon services lol then two posts down its collage which one is it collage or Salon services I won't be commenting no more because this is unprofessional for me I just had to point this out as I found it very irritating that you kept commenting on hairdressing threads!

well as my college get there supplies through salon services this is how I got on the course as did everyone else in the beauty department so don't come having a go at me when you don't know anything!

Again, site rules apply

Thou shall not give pseudo-professional advice
In the forums where you are not a professional (i.e. the Hair Geek forum if you are not a professional hair messer) you may not give advice. This is a forum for professionals and the only way to keep it that way is to make sure that you are very careful in your comments that you make in forums where you hold no qualifications. It is fine to chime in with opinion as long as it does not lead readers to construe that the information you have given is a professional recommendation. On that note, please do NOT recommend OTC (Over the counter) products and services. These are not professional.

Also could everyone please keep things constructive, sarcasm is not constructive!

Asked and answered....go to a professional hairdresser for a colour correction.

Latest posts

Back