Using Koleston colour but I have no pastel, what can I use to substitute?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bryna

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I'm wanting to dye my hair using 9/04+10/04 and a dash of 0/44 WELLA, but I cant get Pastel and cant find it anywhere here in Tallinn... Can I use another developer from a different brand or???

Ive attached a foto I want to achieve and a foto of moi xxx

Attachments

• 17207_10153132834070182_386057918_n.jpg
    17207_10153132834070182_386057918_n.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 707
  • Bella-Thorne-apricot-hair.jpg
    Bella-Thorne-apricot-hair.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 1,022
Yes, sorry for not explaining myself properly, but I need the peroxide!! I was recommended to use pastel but I cant seem to find it, I am using Affinage at work so you think 3% should be fine to mix with Koleston?

Do you think my colour choice would work??? I'm trying to achieve and Apricot colour, but my hair is so gold ( yellow) due to our water we have at home here :)

I use Wella and always use it with the correct brand developer as i once tried cheap one and it made the hair dull. I think 'most good salons/hairdressers' use the corresponding branded developer. Why do you want to use the pastel and not welloxon? Do you bleach first?

Peroxide is peroxide in an ideal world yes use the manufactures one but it honestly makes no difference. Its like paracetemol makes no difference if you pay 16p at asda or 3.99 for panadol. Your paying for the name on the bottle. Especially for a toner where consistency isnt going to be an issue. Im noy aying do this all the time but for toners etc is fine.

I can get another Wella developer but I was recommended to use the Pastel, I'm still confused as to what PasteL developer is !!!

So it would be okay to use 3 % Wella Wellaxon?

Yes of course 3% peroxide is 3%. Big companies just make loads of products to sell more. I dont know how many shades wella has these days but its a proven fact that hairdressers on average only ever use 16 shades of colour the rest just gather dust.

I can get another Wella developer but I was recommended to use the Pastel, I'm still confused as to what PasteL developer is !!!

So it would be okay to use 3 % Wella Wellaxon?

Pastel is 2.9% (i think)
Lowest welloxon is 20vol x

Pastel is a wella peroxide lol :)

♥♡

Pastel is a wella peroxide lol :)

♥♡

Yes, we know pastel is Wella, the OP can't get it in her country, the other geek was suggesting using a generic peroxide and watering it down.

If your using pastel lotion, then you should be putting it over bleach as a toner, or refreshing faded ends.

I have never understood why welloxon only comes in three strengths.

If your colouring over bleach I would use colour touch over the colours you have chosen in kolleston perfect. This is because they come in lower strengths and are more conditioning with better shine, and they smell nicer. I agree with one of the other posts, never use generic brands of developer with kolleston as it has a synergie system with its developer to anchor it inside the hair.

Peroxide is peroxide in an ideal world yes use the manufactures one but it honestly makes no difference. Its like paracetemol makes no difference if you pay 16p at asda or 3.99 for panadol. Your paying for the name on the bottle. Especially for a toner where consistency isnt going to be an issue. Im noy aying do this all the time but for toners etc is fine.

Absolute rubbish.........pah!

I hope you've got good insurance!

Could you try a 1.9% if you cant get hold of it or ring the wella advise line, silly that they manufacturer the product but not in every country! Correct me if im wrong but I generally use it when toning as the tone grabs but the depth doesnt?

♥♡

Anyway with those mixes in koleston I personally would use 1.9% if I had no pastel :)

♥♡

My hair is very blonde but I want to tone it to an Apricot Colour!!! I added both fotos of me and what I want to achieve above :)

I want to use 9/04,10/4 but 6% is too strong as I only need to tone, so I was recommended to use Pastel but I cant get it anywhere!!!

Some of you say I can use 3% from another brand and some of you say its not advised to, haha, kinda confused here :)

would I be safer to use 1.9% colour touch? Or use 3% from Affinage and use 1 part colour, 2 part developer??

You do not need to use koleston for this, use colour touch with 1.9%.

Anyway with those mixes in koleston I personally would use 1.9% if I had no pastel :)

♥♡

Using 1.9% with kolleston may not be a good idea. They only produce that for there colour touch range which I happen to believe are much nicer on hair if your not covering grey or going lighter. That's only my opinion, we all work differently. Xx

To be honest instead of not using the correct peroxide, why dont you just use affinage seeing as you're trained with it and can use 3% and shampoo with their permanent range to make a toner, or use the converter to make it into a quasi. Their range is just as extensive as wella, so i dont understand the need to switch to a different colour house that you might not understand how to use as well just because you like the colours? Surely you can mix up the kind of peach tone you want in infiniti/satin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back