Accepting card payments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
I want to start accepting card payments in my home salon but I want a pay as you go deal. I looked at sum up but I want a chip and pin machine. I don't want to pay too much for one though as I'm just starting up has anyone got any recommendations? Xx

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

Have a look at world pay zinc xx

Why don't you want a pay a you go deal?

I've had card payments in my home salon for about 6 years, last year I moved to World Pay Zinc PAYG, my charges went from a minimum of £35 per month to £10 per month on their 'all you can eat' plan - why wouldn't you want to save £25 per month :lol:

My original card system with also with World Pay, moving to Zinc made no difference, the payments reach my account in exactly the same amount of time, the billing is the same format, the phone number is the same, it's just cheaper :)

I want to start accepting card payments in my home salon but I want a pay as you go deal. I looked at sum up but I want a chip and pin machine. I don't want to pay too much for one though as I'm just starting up has anyone got any recommendations? Xx

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

I've got Worldpay Zinc and it's brill. You get a chip and pin and it links by bluetooth to your phone or tablet. I've found people are spending more since I've got it. If I refer you then you get £10 off the chip and pin so it's £49.99 in stead of £59.99 and I get some Amazon vouchers so let me know if you want to. The cost is 2.75% on everything you take or you can have £12.99 per month option which I've worked out is cheaper once you are putting through more than £472.50 per month. ;)

I've got Worldpay Zinc and it's brill. You get a chip and pin and it links by bluetooth to your phone or tablet. I've found people are spending more since I've got it. If I refer you then you get £10 off the chip and pin so it's £49.99 in stead of £59.99 and I get some Amazon vouchers so let me know if you want to. The cost is 2.75% on everything you take or you can have £12.99 per month option which I've worked out is cheaper once you are putting through more than £472.50 per month. ;)

HI there, can I use you as a referral please?

Many thanks Louise x

I think using card machine is more safer then keeping cash in till. Also we get records of how much money came in for accounting purpose.

I have payment sense card machine and their charges £11.99 per month. Debit card they charge 13 pence and credit card 1.5% so I kept minimum card charges for customer who paying by card are debit card 0.25 pence and credit card 0.50 pence under 10 pound and more then £10 I charge £1 . Clients are happy and most of them pay by debit card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about sum up? Similar to izettle both have card readers for different prices but accept different cards, it's worth a look 😊

Finally I decided to take on WorldPay Zinc.
Same rates as others, cheapest chip&pin device. Reputable company.
Payleven had similar price for chip&pin terminal but not as reputable in my eyes.
I had £20off referal so got WorldPay Zinc terminal for £39.99 at the end.

Went with SumUp to start with, didnt like their verification process etc. Paperwork they send to me etc.

WorldPay Zinc was simple and straightforward. On-line aplication sorted all. Set up within a week.

Izettle is quite common but exoensive terminal. PayPal Here have pricy terminal and they hold some money forr a while (retention or sth)

Hth
M.
Male Therapist
www.iwaxmen.co.uk
via Salon Geek app.

Last edited:
Izettle are doing their chip and pin for £59.
2.75% each transaction. Nothing else to pay.

Hi am looking into a card terminal pay as go. Can anyone let me know how they r getting on 😊

I've been using Worldpay Zinc for 2 mths, love it and I've definitely earned more because of it.

I've gone with handepay x

I too had Sumup and switched to Worldpay Zinc - faster remittance time.

I have sumup. I've had no problem with them whatsoever. Never witnessed one piece of paperwork from them. The quicker the money hits my bank the quicker I spend it... so I'm ok if it takes a little longer to arrive.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have sumup. I've had no problem with them whatsoever. Never witnessed one piece of paperwork from them. The quicker the money hits my bank the quicker I spend it... so I'm ok if it takes a little longer to arrive.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Agree!

Latest posts

Back