£40 per day...too much for renting a salon??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

looby4444

Reaction score
hi guys

just wondered if £40 a day would be too much for a salon??

just for a small room in a hair salon. been offered it this morning to do nails on saturdays and sundays, really up for it but think it may be far too much, ive searched the site and it seems more than you guys pay???

need some advice asap as need to give her a call back!!

thanks chicas

love lou xxxx

I don't rent space, but from what I know that seems high to me. Especially if you are doing your own advertising and providing your own products on top.

looby4444 said:
hi guys

just wondered if £40 a day would be too much for a salon??

just for a small room in a hair salon. been offered it this morning to do nails on saturdays and sundays, really up for it but think it may be far too much, ive searched the site and it seems more than you guys pay???

need some advice asap as need to give her a call back!!

thanks chicas

love lou xxxx

I think its far too much hun. I'm actually due to sign my lease for my nail bar soon, I'm renting a WHOLE SALON, and to keep it open including electric etc and stock, I'm not paying much more than that per day!!! For a whole salon!

Can you negotiate the price at all? £25.00 a day or slightly less seems about right, judging from what Ive seen on here!

Hope it works out for you hun, its very exciting having your own 'space'!

xx

just calle dher to negotiate and she wont go lower as she could rent it out to a hairdresser and get more money for it.

ill have to search for more salons now!!!!

xx

When I rented it was £25 a day, when I had my salon the rent wasnt that much a day babes.

Keep looking I'm sure you'll find the right salon soon.

looby4444 said:
just calle dher to negotiate and she wont go lower as she could rent it out to a hairdresser and get more money for it.

ill have to search for more salons now!!!!

xx

Hi hun
I am in the process of looking for a new nail tech for my salon it may be abit far for you though, /my salon is in Halifax town Centre, Renting my space would cost you £80.00 per week six days or £20.00 per day. I am in a prime location, even if you are not interested you can see from my prices that what this lady is asking for is unreasonable

Hun, that is far too much....I nearly choked on my jammie dodger!!!! If she won't lower then you will have to look elsewhere. If you work out what you can potentially earn a day then take off just rent and products ..... I bet you will be left with not a lot!!!

Good luck :hug: xxx

I thhink that is really to high especialy when the gjoing rate in the u.s. is 75-125 dollars a week here for booth rental

Unless you are working in a High End Salon that charges mega bucks and so you can cahrge likewise then that's extortionate. I used to pay £20 a day and thought that was too much for where I was positioned.

hi chick yeah i definatly think thats to high i will be opening my salon soon within a sunbed salon and i will be paying £50 a week for a hugh room i cant believe she tryed getting that much from you god you need to make a living aswell hun anyway good luck xx

the main thing you should b weighing up when looking for a room/table to rent, is what is my likely income.
to work this out u need to look at a few things.
1) is the salon establised i.e. is there a good client base of hair/beauty customers for you to tap into?
2) is the location good?
3) does the salon advertise, and will your ads be included in rent, or will u have to fund it yourself?
4)what is the standard of work/products used already in the salon?
5)what is their price range? you will need to b priced in a similar range tp attract their clients.

you will probably get a stand alone room for a reasonable price, however, if it is not salon based, you will have to promote heavily to attract all your clientele, as there will not b any walk throughs from existing hair/beauty clients as in a salon base.
there has been posts about the negatives of having someone take your bookings for u etc, but this goes both ways. if ur on your own, u will have to b there long hrs, even if u donot have clients, to take advantage of any walk ins or phone calls.

there is no easy formula, but make sure u dont go for the cheapest, without checking all the above points and making a long considered decision.

good luck!

Latest posts

Back