1&1 Website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky_simon

Reaction score
Hi there

Does anyone use these for their website?

Would you say its easy to use and create a website?

If not does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks

My website is with them and although I didnt design it (my cousin did as he's an IT whizz!) I find it really easy to edit and add pics etc! If I can do it anyone can!

My website is with them and although I didnt design it (my cousin did as he's an IT whizz!) I find it really easy to edit and add pics etc! If I can do it anyone can!

lol you never did it, your cousin did! :wink2:

TBH, I find 1&1 expensive, rude, and simply difficult to leave/move elsewhere. Took me 4 months to explain I was moving hosts as the upgrade they told me included my PHP server, actually didn't.... then wanted to why I was leaving... idiots!

You're better off looking at a proper designed site, for the amount you pay for VP ... I think its £9.95 a month over a minimum of 2 years?

Sorry but i take offence to that! No I think you'll find I was referring to the editing which is quite clear and my site is easy to edit and 'properly designed'!

I've had no problems with them at all I mainly went with them for hosting as I'd had my logo designed and knew what I wanted the site to look like !

Nat-Nat if you reread Jacks post he start with a lol and then he puts a :wink2: wink.....that means he was joking ! of course it was clear you can do the editing.

He also,is just giving the OP his experiences of this company, which is after all what she asked for.

Lighten up people, no need to look for offence when none is meant.

Sorry I can't see emotions on my iPod and id just woken up so probably wasn't in the best mood should have left my reply for an hour!! I didn't mean it moany I've just spent a lot of time and effort on my rebrand and relaunch and took it too personally!!! Just proud of my work and think my site looks professional. I don't normally moan on here I'm normally quite jolly!! Don't post before 7am obviously lol!!

Sorry OP and to Jack (who I think is female according to profile!!) xxxx

Last edited:
I'm male, despite what my profile says :lol:

You need to read posts, and not when you're half asleep - I could also comment on your website/s, but, since you haven't asked for that, and because this isn't about you, I'll not! Why do you have two websites btw? :green:

I was simply giving my view regarding 1&1, and how we found then to be not so nice when it came to support of hosting etc.

If you really want to know, I'm in the progress of helping Becky_simon with the domain name (really difficult given the circumstances) and have even offered to look at designing a website free of charge until she can afford to pay for it. Obviously, with it being so close to Xmas, I wont expect anything until least end of January

Last edited:
Ha-ha I checked thought you maybe Jacqui lol!!! I try and read my emails first thing to wake me up but I should leave responding till both eyes are open! Plus I've had a bad nights sleep so I really should leave well alone! Just get on the defensive about my 'baby' that I have worked hard for lol!:cry:

We all have different experiences and just wanted to say that mine was positive, had a positive experience when I used to use vista too but know a lot of people dont like them!

Hope all works out and I'm off for some caffene lol! :hug: :hug: (Can see emotions now lol!)

Have a good day all x

I'm male, despite what my profile says :lol:

You need to read posts, and not when you're half asleep - I could also comment on your website/s, but, since you haven't asked for that, and because this isn't about you, I'll not! Why do you have two websites btw? :green:

I was simply giving my view regarding 1&1, and how we found then to be not so nice when it came to support of hosting etc.

If you really want to know, I'm in the progress of helping Becky_simon with the domain name (really difficult given the circumstances) and have even offered to look at designing a website free of charge until she can afford to pay for it. Obviously, with it being so close to Xmas, I wont expect anything until least end of January

Are you lol I know we have been emailing and trying to sort something out but as far as im aware I said to hold on while I get my head around things, implications of not just loosing my site but also the expense in changing my stationery and the rest!

Are you lol I know we have been emailing and trying to sort something out but as far as im aware I said to hold on while I get my head around things, implications of not just loosing my site but also the expense in changing my stationery and the rest!

Am I what? lol Male? Yes :green:

If you check your emails, we may have a solution ;-)

For me 1and1 was a very useful and easy to use start up. Have changed now which works out a lot cheaper but not as easy to modify

Am I what? lol Male? Yes :green:

If you check your emails, we may have a solution ;-)

Well first I thought you were male, then checked your profile and thought you were Female but now your male but not Jack...you Dave? Yes im checking my emails :)

well, for anyone interested, we've finally managed to get hold of the domain, and it is currently in progress for transfer to a new hosting company.

Website is ready for design today, so hopefully, not too long before launch :green:

Latest posts

Back