1 Lady, 3 Treatments inc a spray tan...can I do them all the same day?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lainy82

Reaction score
Ok, so I have a lady who is getting married, and would like a full set of enhancements, a pedicure, and a spray tan. Can I do these all together? I know the nails and pedicure are ok, but how about the tan? Can I do this before or after the other treatments? Any advice greatly received! :green:

xxx

I would do the tan before, however you MUST make sure you don't use any creams on the skin in your mani and pedi and try not to touch the skin too much as you don't want to rub the tan off. Ideally I would do the two on different days xxx

Hi

You could do the nails - don't use creams or lotions at the end of the treatment. Do the pedicure as a mini treatment ie file and polish, maybe rough skin removal to sole of foot, then spray tan.

I wouldn't do a full pedicure or a hand massage after the nails if you are going to spray tan.:)

I think, before you decide what you can and can't do, you need to find out a bit more carefully what this lady is actually wanting. A lot of clients, particularly brides, book in for manicure & pedicure, but when asked what they want to actually acheive, they are really more intersted in the end resut of their fingers and toes polished/enhanced and looking good in preparation for the big day as opposed to a pampering relaxing manicure or pedicure!

I wouldn't offer full spa manicure or pedicure before a spray tan...as it involves 'oaking the hands or feet, and it does affect the outcome of the tan, as doe sthe creams that are applied, but I frequently do express mani/pedi (ie cuticle tidy up, base, polsh top coat) or gel fingers and toes with a spray tan, with great results, and some very happy customers.

I would do it differently,
i would do the enhancements first,
then i would ask the client to get undressed and ready for the tan but supply a nice a robe for her to wear, then i would file and polish her toes before spray tanning her,
by asking her to undress and wear a robe so she is ready for the tan this will avoid any smudging of the polish on her toes,

so nail enhancements, toes then spray tan (we all work slightly different)
don't forget to wipe the tan off her enhancements after the spray hun :hug:

Thanks everyone! It's a girl from work, so I'll have a quick chat to her this week. I know she wants to have her rough skin removed from her feet, so maybe I could do the pedi, but without massage, then the nails (while the toes dry) and then the tan! :)

Thanks again! :hug: xxx

Yes you can just dont do any massage or exfoliation with the mani and pedi... Do the tan last but let the varnish dry well before. Also it would be a good idea if you get her stripped off and ready for the tan prior to the mani and pedi... I use one those wrap around towels for modisty... hope this helps

Latest posts

Back