15 min Indian head massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzev

Reaction score
Hi All,Hope you can help
I have been invited to a few fundraising pamper evenings to do taster indian head massage treatments lasting between 10 - 15 mins. Would you just concentrate on say the neck, head and face leaving out the upper back and shoulders or would you do a brief version of it all ?- Although I feel this way would not give much benefit to the client and would feel a bit wishy washy. Or would you adapt to each particular client and concentrate on the areas they need? In your experience do people trying a taster session of ihm generally want the head mainly working on as it fits the job description so to speak? My normal routine is between 45/55 mins so need to find a way to condense this whilst promoting the optimum experience for the client ( and hopefully getting more bookings! lol). Would appreciate your comments.
Thanks
Sue x

Hya, i can't help you on the indian head massage.
I'm looking at a pamper evening, i've only just qualified.
I was going to offer mini manicure and hand massage.
How long should i do the treatment for and how much should i charge?
The table to rent is £15.00.

Hope you evening goes well :)

Thanks hun. When Ive done manis at this type of event ive done a file & polish for £5, and charged £3 for a hand massage as a stand alone treatment.
The manicures are usually very popular you probably wont look up all evening.lol Take some retail too and get them to fill out a consultation sheet so you have their details. I also usually offer 10% off any bookings made on the day so dont forget to take your book and lots of price lists and cards.
HTH and good luck
Sue x

I would do a mini version, and incorporate back, neck and very basic scalp (so as not to mess their hair up). Believe me, just 5 minutes of back massage and they are relaxed.
Remember, as it is IHM they usually expect some on the head.

I think most people that are looking for ihm quiet like the work done on the head as it is not included in most massages. I would be very brief on the back and arms, spend more time on the neck and head, and maybe a few pressure points on the forehead, finishing with massaging the temples.

Actually i might leave out the back and arms altogether. 10-15 mins is very short.

hth's:)

good luck - i'd love an ihm right now. . . . . .

Latest posts

Back