2 thin black stripes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silvanne

Reaction score
A 22 years old partner of a client showed me a problem with one of his nails. There are 2 very thin lines in it and they appair to be black . He said it is there for a few months. There growing paralell to each other and they are growing horizontally. I never seen it before and I dont think its a fungus, could any body tell me what this is?

Is it growing out with the nail or not? Does it look like dried blood stuck under the nail plate (which will look black). I have the same thing on my pinky finger, and it's because I banged my finger (pretty bad) on my desk about a month ago. It is however, growing out. This is the only thing I can think that it can be. Maybe someone else can chime in and give a little more insight.

Chances are it's a splinter haemorrhage caused by trauma. It's caused by a bang to the nail which in turn causes a small bleed from a tiny blood vessel within the nail bed. It's nothing to worry about and will just grow out with the nail.

hth's

nail-mel-naevus.jpg
is it like this or as mentioned above?

The nail plate is adhered to the nail bed by a series of parallel ridges which basically correspond with/ fit into eachother. This explains perhaps why, if it is a small haemorrhage, the lines are parallel, although I would expect them to be growing vertically (as in Lotus Blossoms Pic) as opposed to horizontally as you describe.

If he got a bang on the matrix part,he may not remember doing it. The matrix,or 'living' part is just under the cuticle and if this receives a knock,it could result it something like you have explained. Hth xox
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back