3 coats of Mint Convertible?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellebymonique

Reaction score
Hello! Is anyone else finding they need to do 3 coats to get a decent finish with the new mint convertible colour? I absolutely adore it but find it annoying I need 3 coats x

Following this as mint convertible is on my list for my next order x

Hiya-
I used it today ontop of acrylics - 2 coats were fine but had to do 3 coats on one of her thumbs- think it was because it was near the lamp while the other hand was curing so ended up with little pitted marks but 3 coats on that nail was fine after. And I think 2 coats on the rest looks fine ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396739070.776374.jpg

I've found I need 3 thin coats on natural nails for full coverage and so it doesn't appear patchy. Xxx

Try stirring then shaking the Mint Convertible. After you do that once, shaking should be good enough in the future. Seems like some of the creams need that just when they're brand new. This should then give you good color on two coats as the pigment is properly distributed.

Try stirring then shaking the Mint Convertible. After you do that once, shaking should be good enough in the future. Seems like some of the creams need that just when they're brand new. This should then give you good color on two coats as the pigment is properly distributed.

Ah brilliant, I'll give that a go. Thanks ;) xxx

Ah brilliant, I'll give that a go. Thanks ;) xxx

I found 3 coats was needed! Will try fingernail fixer tip, see if that works.x

Sent from my HTC Desire C using SalonGeek mobile app

I get this with cake pop as well, so will try the stir and shake with this one too

I've found this with sun bleached too

Yeah cake pop and cityscape always needs 3 too! Hmm, I'll give it a good stir an shake and see how it goes!! X

Yeah cake pop and cityscape always needs 3 too! Hmm, I'll give it a good stir an shake and see how it goes!! X

I also find this with cityscape and mint convertible! Will also be giving the stirring a try x

I find with most of the pastel/cream ones they can be patchy, sometimes even after 3 coats! I've been using ibd just gel instead and have no probs with that.

I have the same problem with fedora it goes on really watery no matter how many times I shake and stir it :(

I've just done my first set of mint convertible and was very worried after reading it could be temperamental but I was so thrilled with the results.

It arrived from S2 at 4.30, I gave it a good shake, cleaned off the gum from the brush and painted 1hr later. Really pleased with the beautiful colour as I was very sceptical about it, clients loved it too and only needed 2 coats.

Karaxxx

Latest posts

Back