3 of 6 tans saying no colour after wash off?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Titch16

Reaction score
I did 6 spray tans on Friday evening, 3 girls at one house, then another 3. On all 6 I used Nouvatan 14%.

The second lot of 3 girls are saying the colour didn't take at all and washed off. (I've not heard this from them but from my sister as one is her husbands cousin) one of the girls was 14 weeks pregnant and I went through everything with her about what could happen etc with colour and fade off. Any way they are saying she had the most colour out of them all, she was the most pale of the 3 (but then they say it totally washed off?) I used approx 40ml-45ml of solution on each

I contacted the 3 girls who I did before and each said they had a lovely colour and loved it. Before I knew this I text one of the girls to wish her happy birthday and say hope you all liked the tan. I had no reply. So do does anyone suggest what to do? Do I contact her again or let her contact me?

Again all I've heard is from my sister not direct? I'm worried because I want everyone to be happy with the tan thank you :)

The girl who is pregnant that will be no doubt 90% why.
However im sure if there was a real problem they would have contacted you direct.
Did they all follow your pre care advice? Maybe they could have got confused and moisturised or showered right before their tan causing the tan not to take?

But i wouldnt worry to much about it if its just word on the grapevine. If however they contact you there must be something that they did for all 3 of them no to change but yet the other group did HTH

The girl who is pregnant that will be no doubt 90% why.
However im sure if there was a real problem they would have contacted you direct.
Did they all follow your pre care advice? Maybe they could have got confused and moisturised or showered right before their tan causing the tan not to take?

But i wouldnt worry to much about it if its just word on the grapevine. If however they contact you there must be something that they did for all 3 of them no to change but yet the other group did HTH

Can you not have a shower right before your tan then?

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

I've had clients shower just before coming to see me for a tan and they've had no problem. Obviously you don't want their skin still hot or damp from the shower but otherwise I've not found it a problem.

Ok pregnancy can do weird stuff but maybe they all showered at the one house using the same product which might be an oil base or something which would explain why all 3 of them had a problem...

I would contact the client who organised it to ask how the tans went as you'd heard there was a problem. Assuming you want to keep them as clients you need to rectify the situation. So many people don't complain to you but will tell their friends and that's what you don't want. The pregnant one still may not end up with a perfect tan (albeit I've never had a tan not develop on me when preggas but it doesn't last as long) but as a courtesy I would still respray her just in case it was a pre-tan product issue...

Is it possible your gun took a little know between the houses and the 2nd lot of clients got sprayed with a little less solution than you think?

That could be the cause of all 3 tans being lighter than expected.

The other thing is, I've heard so many people say 'the tan washed off' this is a statement that I've found to mean 'I liked the colour I was before washing off - guide & tan - so felt disapointed with the colour of just the tan'. There is little that can be done if it turns out that this is what they mean, you just have to go darker with their next tan and try to educate them that they will ALWAYS be lighter after showering than just before showering as they have to wash the guide make-up off.

Is it possible your gun took a little know between the houses and the 2nd lot of clients got sprayed with a little less solution than you think?

I check my gun when I've packed it in my bag and gone to another house and I remember checking after each one how much solution I used. It could be they thought it would be darker .

I text the girl who booked (my brother in laws cousin) but I haven't had a reply. It was first thing this morning so I would of thought she would of replied by now. I just said I'd heard they didn't get on with the tans so I asked if she could tell me how they exfoliated the night before.

All 3 have put on the consultation form they don't exfoliate but did for the tan.

So could I have my answer that maybe the exfoliating once wasn't enough?

If you know your settings were fine, you used aprox the correct amount per person then it would seem the only things left that would explain things is they wanted to be darker (or as I said above, decided they liked the look of the tan plus guide so felt disapointed after washing) which is not your fault OR they all used something like dove that strips the colour when they washed off which again is not your fault.

I'd find out what they did after you left (without prompting them) to see if you can get to the bottom of it as it is obviously playing on your mind.

**I don't think the only exfoliating once would have made that much of a difference. After all 1 good exfoliation is all it takes to get those dead skin cells off. I always advise 2 consecutive nights of exfoliation if possible but many of my clients just do it the once on the night before and they tan fine.

did you shake your solution before using it?

did you shake your solution before using it?

Yes I make sure I shake the bottle then after each tan I shake the cup and add more solution.

Thanks baggybear will just have to wait to see if she replies because I text at 9 this morning so just have to sleep on it again :/

Could it be that they all showered too early? People do that cause they don't listen to you x

Could it be that they all showered too early? People do that cause they don't listen to you x

I can't imagine this being the case as I sprayed them at 8pm so they slept in it. I don't think I'm going to get to the bottom of it till I get a reply but it's so frustrating and now I'm panicking about my next tan on thurs. so worried incase I did something wrong x

It is very true a lot of ppl love the colour before they wash it off and then there like I'm not even tanned I would not worry about it too much as they have not contacted you have faith in yourself x

Don't be worrying and doubting yourself, you know you did all you should have and IF there is something wrong with those 3 tans it will be something they did (even if this means them ignoring stuff you told them to do or not do) at the end of the day we can't babysit our clients for the 8 hours until they wash off, they HAVE to take responsibility for their behavious & their tans.

It is very true a lot of ppl love the colour before they wash it off and then there like I'm not even tanned I would not worry about it too much as they have not contacted you have faith in yourself x

Thank you. I do have a lot of people who like the Nouvatan guide colour lol. X

They probably expected it to be darker which is why they said to your bf's cousin that the tans washed off. They probably don't mean it's ACTUALLY washed off but as said above in previous posts, they probably liked the guide colour then when this was washed off it was too light for their personal preference. If you speak to her, ask if they have visible tan lines - if they do then it clearly hasn't washed off, it's just too light. They can go darker next time :)

Latest posts

Back