3d metal nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdhoney

Reaction score
Hi all, i was wondering if any1 knew how to apply metal charms etc to nails, iv been using glue, gel and acrylic but they dont seem to stay on. is there a special technique that needs to be done?

I would think encapsulating the decals in clear acrylic should work?

Thanks for yr reply. Iv tried everything I know but nothing seems to wrk. My client brought me in a photo of her friends nails with metal butterflys and feathers and they last her until she needs het infills. I'm afraid my clients are going to go else were for this service.

Aww no! Just practice on loads of spare tips by doing your normal application of gel/l&p and make it slightly thinner in the area that you are placing the decals, then pop in your decals and build it up with clear product.

PrincessNails is correct. You embed them in acrylic or gel and then cover/overlay them in clear product.

She wants her nails really ott, like Jessie j's were in 1 of her videos.
jessie-j-steam-punk.html

After seeing the above link, not quite sure. LOL

Lol I no. I don't understand how they could stay in for 2weeks! Lol. I sent an email to the girl that done her friend nearly 3 weeks ago but she won't reply, don't think she wants to tell me incase I steal her clients. Lol

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Are you sure the charms are metal and not plastic made to look like metal? Glue should work for a while but it would depend on how much the client uses her nails and hands, if she wears gloves for washing up etc. It may be that your client and her friend have very different lifestyles altogether and that is why your charms are not lasting? :rolleyes:

Nails like in that picture are surely just for show. Id have thought they would be done on the nail then stuck on temporarily.

Steam punk is a big thing in some places. Google it. It's like, you know wild wild west, the will smith film. It's that sort of look. Lots of cogs and brass rivets etc.

It would take so long to re create the look, it would be ridiculous.

Apparently this girl can apply anything to yr nail. She done a set for breast cancer and applied the pink breast cancer metal broach. Iv seen her pictures of metal phone charms etc attached to her clients nails. Iv already lost 1 client and don't want to lose any more.

Shedunlop - I don't think they r lasting because they r not practical for everyday things. They catch on everthing. Lol x

I have no input for your nail query, but after checking out the link my first thought was ' how would you wash your hair with those on your nails?' I think I'm getting old LOL

Latest posts

Back