3D nail art, need help and info!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lockstar

Reaction score
hi everyone, I'm completely new to the nail tech business (due to begin a course in August). I didn't have time to scour the site for the info I was looking for, so I thought it best to ask here.

The course I'm doing does not cover 3D nail art such as the pictures below. I was wondering, does anyone know of any courses in 3D nail art in or around London? Also, I can't seem to find the materials that I would like to use (see below), such as gold chains, opal stones, dome gems (is that what they're called? Lol I'm a novice so forgive me plz), nail bindis etc. There is a small salon in Piccadilly Circus that specializes in 3D nail art, but they won't tell me anything (despite me stating that I live noway near them, thus won't be depriving them of any business).

I'd be very grateful if anyone could give me some advice!
Thanks!

IMG_0465cc.jpg

img2007022c0_pc.jpg

IMG_2183c.jpg

IMG_2351.jpg

77575d1zp9.jpg

3a867a1vd0.jpg

6f1c56126hr1.jpg

IMG_2499g.jpg

IMG_1994q.jpg

IMG_3092g.jpg

IMG_3238r.jpg

and loads more here:
http://nail.rose-quartz.net/g.html
(if you can't read Japanese, go to [SIZE=+2]スカルプチュア[/SIZE] (scultpure).)

and also here:
šEšEFairy MAGICEšEš@ƒlƒCƒ‹ƒ`ƒbƒv’ʔ́A”Ì”„‚Ì‚¨“XB•PŒnƒlƒCƒ‹‚ª’†SB¬ˆ«–‚ŒnAƒƒŠ•ƒ|ƒbƒvŒnA˜a•—A˜a•¿A ƒuƒ‰ƒCƒ_ƒ‹AƒEƒFƒfƒBƒ“ƒOƒlƒCƒ‹ƒ`ƒbƒv‚àôƒfƒRŽG‰ÝAƒlƒCƒ‹ƒsƒAƒX‚܂Ł™ ‘——¿‚́‚P‚Q‚O`B3,000ˆÈã‚Å’èŒ`ŠO‘——¿–³—¿‚¾‚恙
too bad I can't buy these, because I'm not in Japan >:

and here (phone deco aswell as nails)
TWINCLE¡ù¤«¤ï¤¤¤¤¾®Êª¤Î¤ªÅ¹¡ù

Ez-flow do 3d art courses so maybe worth a call to them, You can buy lots of things from craft shops and nail art websites.

check out your local craft store you would be amazed at what you can find

kind of off topic but omg do you speak japanese? i've been (kinda) trying to find japanese nail art sites (mainly by luck) and now its like.. a buttload of awesomeness already in the first 4 links on that one site..

most of the things on those nails were probably bought from an arts and crafts shop.
with nail art anything goes really if it is small enough to go on the nail then put it on.
as for the 3d courses i would definately give ezflow a ring. other companys may do the
training also but i am not sure which ones, the other geeks may know. good luck.

thanks everyone :)

Already scoured my local craft shops, but they're pitifully small and don't have anything of interest unless I was an actual sculptor and could carve things out of buttons :green: (I've thought of doing that though...) I already buy stuff from nail art websites, but none of them sell the amazing things that the Japanese sites do.

Will call ezflow sometime this week.

Butalana, I've been studying Japanese (part time, of course) for several years, so I understand it at a basic level (basic because Japanese is so damn difficult, what would be considered higher intermediate in a European language = basic in Japanese!! :irked:). If you want me to try and translate some things on the site for you, I'll certainly do my best.

Have you searched ebay under nail art, there is a lot of oriental sellers on there that sell the kind of things that are shown on the pics you have posted, just remember to check the sellers rating

If you are very new to the business, please don't spend any time or effort on 3D nail art yet!

Spend loads of time learning all about natural nails then enhanced nails and only when you are really good at all than, move on to any sort of nail art.

3D nail art is not commercial. Learn the services that will make you money first.

Just a bit of advice!

I can read the hiragana/katakana but I definitely can't read or understand most kanji.. What I'm finding difficult is finding the websites that have that stuff.. I could probably babelfish sites that I would find

Try using art paint first, then ebay for bits and pieces. Shame you missed ezflow workshop today it was really good, but the might have another so email them Graftons at Tamworth. :green:

thanks again everyone!

loubylou, yup, I found a fantastic seller on ebay (in Hong Kong). I'm going to have to restrain myself from buying the entire shop!

mum, thanks for the advice.

Latest posts

Back