3D nail art will not stay put!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linlourob

Reaction score
Hello ladies!
I have recently decided to try some of these beautiful 3d nail alloys, namely metal ones. They look stunning but will no stay on! im using my nail glue as advised, nsi to be precise, yet theystill fall off after a day or even a few hours in worst case scenario! I just dont know how they will stay on as the entire design does not sit flush to the nail and does not bend due to material., yet I've seen plenty of other techs use alloys and bows etc. With seemingly no problem! Please tell me where im going wrong? !
Thank you!
Xox

The adhesive that you are using is probably not strong enough to support the weight or shape , , it is allso made for adhering to plastic. I would use a bead of L&P for metal .

if you don't do L&P maybe try gel bond , or stick to the plastic decorations.

Thank you for your reply! The l&p would hold better but its placed over a pokished nail so jot sure how that would work? So frustrating because they are so beautiful!
Xox

L&p should stick fine I use it for anything odd shaped or heavy that I think won't stay stuck in the uv polish gel/shellac

So can I pop a bead over polish then?

I use L&P. Then when it's set I check that the edges aren't raised and if they are I wedge a small bead of L&P on the corners so its smooth so the client doesn't catch it

Thats great, thank you all for your advice!

Thinking ahead, how do you go about removal if the enhancement is acrylic too

I have loads of clients that have the alloy 3d bows etc, I file a small part of the nail lightly then add a 'ball' of (stars nail glue) then keep the nail flat and apply the alloy, leave it still and flat for a good two minutes. Customers have come back 3 weeks later and its still on, only ever had one (of my own) come off which actually took a chunk of acrylic out with it and that was after 12 days. Hope that helps xx

Just make the bows yourself it's easy x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359066502.388536.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359066502.388536.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 169
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359066524.446659.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359066524.446659.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 156
I have loads of clients that have the alloy 3d bows etc, I file a small part of the nail lightly then add a 'ball' of (stars nail glue) then keep the nail flat and apply the alloy, leave it still and flat for a good two minutes. Customers have come back 3 weeks later and its still on, only ever had one (of my own) come off which actually took a chunk of acrylic out with it and that was after 12 days. Hope that helps xx

I think the problem im having is my alloys are metal and as someone said the nail glue is a plastic bonding agent :-( I'll try l&p and glue and good old cement if need be! He he xox

With metal bows I use a small clear acrylic bead to attach it to,for plastic, I use adhesive then top coat around it, may try acrylic next time though.

I've not tried using acrylic to make my own, might have a play about next week.

Ive got a client coming today with one to re apply so I'll give the acrylic a go, is it ok to apply over the polished nail? xox

Last edited:
Ive got a client coming today with one to re apply so I'll give the acrylic a go, is it ok to apply over the polished nail? xox

Yes. I apply to Shellac and they last until removed.

I had a small thought, dunno if it's possible or not, I'm thinking more from a crafters point of view. You could try to manipulate the embellishment slightly to curve it,that way it would sit better on the nail so hopefully stay on longer. Most thin metal is fairly flexible. Try using the lid from a bottle of polish, or something else with a slight curve and gently curving the metal around it. Plastic will likely snap, but metal should be less brittle and easy to manipulate. You might find a couple of pliers give you more control than your hands alone.

Latest posts

Back