3D newbie...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

remember_nomore

Reaction score
Not sure how I ended up with a 'wild hair' as my aunt would say but I have been toying around with 3d art the past few weeks.
I have never been one that was any good at free hand art but the art I have been toying with has actually come out ok.

Sorry, I'm babbling.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had tips or resources that they use or have used when starting out in doing 3d art. I haven't been doing anything too crazy because I want to try to keep with something slightly 'practical' for everyday/holiday wear.

remember_nomore-albums-3d+art-picture31350-img-20100921-190503.jpg

Attached is my art display stand with a few of the 3d arts that I have been doing.
remember_nomore-albums-3d+art-picture31351-img-20100922-151546.jpg

I would love to find some videos or easy tutorials for a beginner. The funny thing is I can make a glass of lemonade or a scene from Nightmare Before Christmas but hell if I could make a flower. Even with a gun to my head!

There are some great and simple step by step tutorials on youtube that help you sculpt flowers...thats how I started sculpting flowers...take a look at my profile I have a photo of a rose on my thumb...all that is down to watching youtube and having a play!

Take a look and have a try! xxx:hug:

Posted via Mobile Device

I love love love the nightmare before Christmas ones and the ghosts. What did you use? We have to do some 3d nail art this year at L3 and I don't wanna just do standard flowers. Although I bet it will be after Christmas when we start so probably not the ideal time of year

Latest posts

Back