40 vol with bleach on scalp for 50 mins

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno how it didn't burn, I bleach my own scalp wit 6% and is fine I did it once with 9% I couldn't handle the burn had 2 wash off,maybe like some1 suggested d lighter may not be as strong

I tried olaplex a friend sent some to australia for me and didnt notice any difference. However I now use a lightener where you mix the protein powder with the lightener and developer and up the volume of developer and one of my friends was going short so I did full head application 30vol on scalp which it says is still ok to use on scalp but the protein makes it 20vol then used 40 which would be 30 with the protein on already lightened lvl 8 ends which we were cutting off anyway just to see how well it worked and wow no breakage hair eas better afterwards. she said her scalp didnt tingle or anything I used to use blondor and 4% and she said it burned on scalp. And was platinum loved it so much we didnt end up cutting it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
WOW did you see how yellow her hair was from her natural looking level 9ish!Seems like alot of un needed formulas/steps etc. for what could be acheived with any old 20V & bleach......thinking the toner did all the work! Boo Redken! I use Redken a fair bit too but wont be sucked into that gimic!

Oh what brand do you find is the best? My old boss used to say bleach is bleach but its not.

Schwarzkopf blondme is FAB! It lifts really fast and really helps neutralise the brassy tones, I mean although most bleaches say the blue powder helps to neutralise the brassy tones we all know it doesn't! But the blondme really does it's lovely x

Schwarzkopf blondme is FAB! It lifts really fast and really helps neutralise the brassy tones, I mean although most bleaches say the blue powder helps to neutralise the brassy tones we all know it doesn't! But the blondme really does it's lovely x

I just think the hair looks like straw after tho

I just think the hair looks like straw after tho

Really? I've never experienced that before! I'm sure a good conditioning treatment would sort it out?

What do you use

Schwarzkopf Blond me all the way! always room temp processing & cuts yellow/gold awesomely & quick to process. Sure it has the potential to cause damage if your not savvy with your developers & timing. But starting a full head of foils with 20vol(6%) & finishing the denser darker back/nape section with 30vol(9%) makes nice even lift all over after 15mins after last foil to match the front & T zone. Love it!

We had a thread a few years ago about how bad "blonde me" was! Il have a search see if I can drag it up! X

I tried the blondme bleach additive with the blondne powder lightener and the blondme 9% developer on asian hair got to pale yellow toned with lilac and 2% for 10mins was awsome gave a really lavender blonde

We had a thread a few years ago about how bad "blonde me" was! Il have a search see if I can drag it up! X

Oooh...Beckstar...it says you're now a "SuperModerator" under your profile? Well done chick! :)

Oooh...Beckstar...it says you're now a "SuperModerator" under your profile? Well done chick! :)

Haha why thank you classixuk 😉 x

I dunno how it didn't burn, I bleach my own scalp wit 6% and is fine I did it once with 9% I couldn't handle the burn had 2 wash off,maybe like some1 suggested d lighter may not be as strong

Nope. Redkens flash lift bleach is very very strong, it's the strongest they have. I do not understand this, I've had Redken colour training and they do not suggest to use anything higher than 30 vol on scalp with flash lift

I tried up to 7 by redken wasnt too impressed very gold

I tried the blondme bleach additive with the blondne powder lightener and the blondme 9% developer on asian hair got to pale yellow toned with lilac and 2% for 10mins was awsome gave a really lavender blonde

The BlondMe bleach is just so harsh on hair, I'm a Schwarzkopf boy but I wouldn't ever use BlondMe on a client. It always comes out warm and just seems to blow the cuticle to bits. Schwarzkopf Igora Vario Blonde is much gentler and lifts far cleaner.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back