5 layers of Shellac or Gelish for strength?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeanettes

Reaction score
Hi,
I was recently talking to someone who does a 5 layer (3 colour) BioSculpture for strength and I wondered if this was feasible with Shellac or Gelish? How many of you add the extra layer of colour for strength please - and does it work or chip too much?
Hope to get some replies.
Thanks.
JES:rolleyes:

it might, but I see it just causing it to peel off easier.

I only do 3 coats of Gelish colour when I use some of the darker colours to build the colour up as the coats are very thin.I don't do it for strength, if I want more strength I would add a layer of Structure Gel.

Hi,
I was recently talking to someone who does a 5 layer (3 colour) BioSculpture for strength and I wondered if this was feasible with Shellac or Gelish? How many of you add the extra layer of colour for strength please - and does it work or chip too much?
Hope to get some replies.
Thanks.
JES:rolleyes:

Shellac is a power polish .. not an enhancement product. I don't do Shellac for strength (although it is strong). I use Shellac for colour on natural nail manicures that is instantly dry and lasts for 2-3 weeks. It delivers on all tose promises.

If I wanted the strength of an enhancement I would use Brisa Gels, not 5 coats of Shellac. If I used 5 coats of Shellac I would expect the coating to peel and not to last for 2-3 weeks.

Thanks for your replies - they are really appreciated.
I do think "thin to win" and love both Shellac and Gellish - I guess when I think about it more Biosculpture is a Gel, just thought 5 layers and 1.5 hours in time for an NNO was alot. Will stick with the winning formula.
Thanks again
JES x

Shellac is a power polish .. not an enhancement product. I don't do Shellac for strength (although it is strong). I use Shellac for colour on natural nail manicures that is instantly dry and lasts for 2-3 weeks. It delivers on all tose promises.

If I wanted the strength of an enhancement I would use Brisa Gels, not 5 coats of Shellac. If I used 5 coats of Shellac I would expect the coating to peel and not to last for 2-3 weeks.

I only use 3 coats of color sometimes when I layer. Don't need to do three coats with Shellac as Gigi said it's a power polish (I like that). On me it makes my nails rubbery (I like to say). I have peely, weak, splity nails and when I have Shellac on it protects my nails from spliting and when I hit them on something it just bends and springs back like rubber. When I first applied Shellac I stuck the edge of my finger nail in it (after it was finished) and the indentation sprang back as if I never poked it. Wow :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back