5008 and it's settings with la tan and suntana

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clownyclaire

Reaction score
I've done 3 tans now- 2 with la tan and 1 with suntana. ( have sienna x to go but I no what this one is like) anyway I've set my gun so that when it's closed ( no spray) I turn it about 1/4 round ( maybe just before 1/4 turn) but am finding that the solution is laying on the chest area and takes a while to dry ( expecially the la tan) could it be I have the spray too low and that I need it slightly more so that I don't have to re Do that part ( and most of theBody to Be fair at the
Moment) Or that it's the opposite and theres too Much spray. Just when IDone my training we used sienna x and with a quick swish of the Hose we were dry but not the case With this... Such a shame as I
Love the la tan colour And very good
Customer service!! Any ideas would be excellent!!!!

I use LA Tan with the 5008 and my setting is more open than your explaining, I do 1 coat and then touch up any areas if needed. My setting is from fully closed back to between 7 & 8 on a clockface.

You should be settiing your gun on couch roll before each tan to get the correct seting. Each solution has a different setting. You will need to find the correct setting for each solution but around the 7 is usually the right place.

My organic fast tan need me to open the gun up and has a totally different setting so I'll be trying out LA Tans new fast tan asap and I'm hoping it's setting will be closer to the setting I use for my other LA Tan soultions so I can limit the amount of times I have to reset my gun.

R really appreciate this!! I've
Got it set at 9 o clock so I recon I need to get More spray as I'm going over the body more n I think that's y it's quite wet as the one Spray isn't enough coverage hence 2-3 coats n by This time I'm Using nearly 100 mls! Ok I'm gonna try opening it abit
More so more spray come out. I
Do a spray test before But I was told to spray the roll N long as it don't come theo it fine!! But obviously I
Not got enough Coming out!!! Thank u so Much for ur help!!! It's all
New Im a dab hand at Nails but this avenue is completely different!! If
I have any More probs would mind if I Messaged u?? since ur using
The same solution and machine!?

Of course you can message me if you have any more problems.

When you test on couch roll you need to be looking for a dark enough guide colour that you can see it but the back of the couch roll needs to stay dry, if you prefer to do 2 coats then your setting will need to be closed more than if you want to do just 1 coat but the dial is super sensative so just the tinyest turn will make quite a difference in the amount of solution that comes out, so take your time finding the best setting for you.

Each person will also have a slightly different setting because it's not just the solution than makes a difference to your setting but how fast you move when your spraying will also make a difference. Obviously someone who is slow when spraying will need the dial closed more so that they don't put too much solution onto the skin, and the opposite is the true of someone who sprays fast, they will need the dial open more to allow enough solution to land on the skin in their quick swipe.

It all seems so daunting when you first start tanning but you will soon learn the best setting for you and you'll be able to set your gun so qiickly you'll wonder what all the fuss is about.

Hey BaggyBear! Been reading lots of your post and it looks like your a pro! Could you please tell me..do you spray down or across? Many thanks

I use Suntana and also have the setting between the 7 & 8 on a clock face

youglowgirl - I spray down :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back