50th Wedding Anniversary

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mannipatch

Reaction score
I wonder if you would please help me with idea's for a present for my parents 50th wedding anniversary which is on the 16th January.
I would like to give them something unusual but with Christmas and 3 Christmas Birthdays, I am really out of ideas. Thanks:hug:

Hiya, it was my parents-in-law's 50th anniversary last March. Their children clubbed together and bought them a surprise weekend away to Jersey, where they honeymooned. The happy couple really were delighted. For their party we got all the grandchildren to make a great big poster with photos, messages and crafty decorations, and generally tried to make their day special without going mad on a load of presents (which they were adamant they didn't want). Good luck - being married 50 years is a massive achievement in life and should be treated as such I reckon - I only wish my own parents and lived to see the day!! xx

My parents recently attended a friends 50th anniversary party. Everyone invited was asked to bring something small but gold.

My parents said it was fantastic. Lots of different ideas, but the ones I can remember off top of my head are gold blend coffee, all gold chocolate, gold balloons, gold label tea, golden nuggets etc......

I know these were only small gestures, and cant remember much else, but parents said the evening was brilliant, with everyone impressed at the small but relevant gifts that were displayed for all to see.

Perhaps you could organise a dinner party for them with a small group of friends, and incorporate a similar gold theme for the food and drinks. I'm sure a memorable night would be just as appreciated as a present.

I'm sure a memorable night would be just as appreciated as a present.

too right - for my parents 50th anniversary - me and my sister organised a "do" fior them, it was fab, with relatives coming from far and wide, it ended up costing us about £950 tho - but was worth every penny.

i know you said its bad timing for you, but how about organising a night out, with a cabaret (or summit) at a nice restaurant for them, and also orgainise that the waiter brings your mum a boquet and your dad something that you know he will a0ppreciate. plus a bottle of champers

:hug:

Latest posts

Back