A Better Acrylic System?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captaincaliena

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm brand new here. I'm not a professional, but I do my own acrylics and gels (mostly acrylics) and have been shown the proper techniques by one of my friends who is a tech. Currently, I'm using Aspire monomer and powder from Sally Beauty Supply, which I hate. But it's the only thing I can buy because I am not licensed. The friend that "trained" me (she's been in the business for at least 5 years) offered to get me something more professional, but I don't know which products to go with. I know there's so many different brands, I just don't know which one would be suitable for me.

I only do my own nails, not other people's. I wouldn't want to risk hurting anyone or anything like that.

I'm also a nail biter, and I was thinking about trying Entity Cover Pink. Have you guys heard anything about this? Any product suggestions you would have for me would be greatly appreciated! I hope its ok that I'm posting here even though I'm not a professional.

It is ok that you are posting on here and you will be made welcome, :hug:
however without professional training and a license (given where you live) you will not get any product advise from the pros on here,
we will all sing the same song,
get trained correctly or step away from the brush, it makes no difference who's nails your doing.
It is nice but irresponsible of your friend to show you how to do nails, has she taught you the product chemistry and health & safety, nail anatomy etc etc
and as for her going to provide you with professional products, this is very irresponsible,
please don't be offended, this is just the way it is.

She did teach me health and safety, and I just set up an appointment at a school to get some proper training. I understand you (as in everyone) do not want to give advice on professional products. I'll come back when I have some proper training. Thank you for being honest with me. It is greatly appreciated and shows that members here really care about their work.

Well done you for looking into proper education,
good luck with your course :hug:

She did teach me health and safety, and I just set up an appointment at a school to get some proper training. I understand you (as in everyone) do not want to give advice on professional products. I'll come back when I have some proper training. Thank you for being honest with me. It is greatly appreciated and shows that members here really care about their work.

Stick around while you are choosing your courses and begin your education. There's great help and advice to be had here that could help you choose good education and make the very best of it :hug:

Latest posts

Back