A client who knows it all

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boolou

Reaction score
I did a lovely group of ladies today and whilst I was busy chatting about previous nail experiences two told me about they do their own Shellac.

I asked diplomaticly of she was a pro and her reply was oh no I use Bluesky I'd never pay out XX for a bottle of polish!!

To top it off she does it on family and friends, which lasts a few days before they nibble it off.

Rant over, just this is my first experience with a wannabe.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Get used to it they are everywhere these days lol x

Someone I know buys it from eBay. Her and a friend buy loads of colours and do each other's. Exasperating, but if it's on sale people will buy it.

There's always 1 or 2 or 3 as their seems to be theses days ,brush it off :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Smile - training and quality will always win out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of she isn't prepared to pay for a proper bottle but WANTS the cheap immo version then it says the sort of person she is and that she would NEVER be a regular client (or worse, she's be a nightmare one you couldn't wait to see the back of) even if she didn't buy her own.

I was a wannabe that you are talking about! It doesn't make me a bad person! Just someone that loved painting nails on me and my pals. Anyway. Loved it that much I went off and trained in it. Ditched the Bluesky cr@p I used on myself and friends and have heavily invested in Gelish. Have my own salon. Have clients booked in. Doing quite well tbh! I still go to my nail tech for mine to be done ( is that normal?!!) and she has even offered me extra practice at her clinic in addition to giving me lots of extra tips when I am in. Feel chuffed to bits that at my age I have been able to re train in something I absolutely love doing.

I hope I didn't offend you botoxNurse. I spoke to her and said training training training and her response was that she'd never want to do the training as its a waste of time and too much money.

*smackshead*

People dye their hair at home, I suppose they feel it's the same as doing their own nails. I bet hairdressers hate box dyes from the shop. Women want long lasting polish so when there is something that looks as simple to apply as a regular nail polish but they think it'll last longer because it goes under a lamp and they can get it all from eBay for the price of one treatment in the salon then it's going to tempt them. I also know girls in my area that have bought lamps from eBay to either use with shellac or the cheap stuff. When people aren't trained in something, they do think it's absolutely fine to teach themselves. I've had a few clients say to me 'I tried to teach myself to do acrylics, can't do it!' A good thing about acrylics is that to the untrained eye it does look a doddle, then they try it themselves and realise its impossible and they do need to come back to their technician! 😄 They'll only realise how they do need to be educated once they actually get educated, they may never bother though. I remember thinking nails was going to be a walk in the park before I started my course...I was very wrong! 😊

I hope I didn't offend you botoxNurse. I spoke to her and said training training training and her response was that she'd never want to do the training as its a waste of time and too much money.

*smackshead*

Not even remotely! I was always like a small kid getting my nails done! " why, how does that work, I don't get it etc" . Clearly I was destined to turn my hobby into a business! Does take a bit of courage though.

Latest posts

Back