A Good Starter Course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachel_1984

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

This course was recommended to me by a fellow geek. I thought it looked to be a great starter course covering manicures, pedicures etc as you all know I cant get to a college over here!

Im hopefully enrolling on the EN gel course over winter whilst business over here is quiet, but thought this seemed like a decent starter course.

Do you agree? Or does anybody has other recommendations for a manicure/pedicure course?

http://www.net-learners.com/complementary_therapies.htm

Love and hugs

Please can let me know what they think?:o

Pretty please? :D

Love and hugs

Hi Rachel

I suspect no-one has replied as no-one has heard of them or used them :sad:

I've just had a read through their website and I must admit to being sceptical. I signed up for a Beauty Therapy Diploma via distance learning and then happened to chance on an article in a national newspaper about the same people. It turns out it was one guy who was marking all the papers returned and was marking anything and everything from Beauty Therapy to Accounting.

A woman was complaining that she had spent over £3k on his training and it was basically worthless as the diploma wasn't recognised by anyone and wasn't worth the paper it was printed on. She'd spend nearly 3 years doing all the work too and was heartbroken.

I don't want to spoil your enthusiasm or excitement, but I'd steer clear and stick to those places you see recommended on here. There is no greater recommendation than word of mouth, it applies to every aspect of life.

Do a search on 'training', narrow it down to manicure training if you wish, and see some of the recommendations on here. You'd be better off getting a cheap flight back here and doing a face-to-face course with a tutor, than spending you money on distance learning.

I can highly recommend the Beauty Concepts Basic Manicure (and pedicure if you want to do it) - they are based in Hurstpierpoint in Sussex. About 15 minutes from Gatwick in one direction, and 10 minutes from central Brighton in the other.

HTH :hug:

Thankyou Trin

I must admit I was a bit sceptical myself, as the company offers so many different courses :sad:

I will definately do a search on the site and see what I come up with. All this living in Turkey malarky is doing nothing for my education!:D

Many thanks again!

Love and hugs

Hi im the one who recamended the course, I must dissagree with the last coment, by Trin, with no offence ment, but Iam doing the nail tech course know and I am realy enjoying it. it covers everything you need to know including the disorders of the nail. you only have one payment to make thats the anitial £215, there is no time limit and if you do not pass first time they will let you do it again untill you pass free of charge. So you will not end up having to pay thousands of pounds. But at the end of the day its up to you, but for me i found it a good choice because it covers everything not just gels or just acylics. And net learners go through the uks premier distance learning organisation which is a listed college.

Hi Jennifer

I didnt mean to cause offence by asking for other people's opinions- Im sorry if it came across that way :sad:

As some of the geeks know on here I am desperate for information on all the home learning courses available as training is a nightmare living over here in Turkey.

ICS offer a similar course and I read a post on here before where a geek had regreted choosing them to study with for a number of reasons, and I didnt want to make the same mistake.

Sorry again if my post came across the wrong way.

Love and hugs

I would say this course will be a good starting point for you, but i would say that classroom based training or 1-2-1 training is very helpful when you need to do any fine tuning because you may have problems you need help with.

Home learning courses are good from what i've heard, but you can't beat someone looking at what you're doing and pointing out any slight errors you may need to change. Go for this course if it's the only one that is available to you as long as you are happy with what you have found out about it. Then i would go for it.:D

Hi Rachel

Thanks for your reply, its ok you didnt affend me, I totaly understand you need to look around and the nail geek web sight is one of the best ways of doing it. I just didnt want you thinking that all courses were a con unless you went for a EN ones. I chose to do this corse because I am unable to get in to a college because I have a one year old and thought it was the best one for me. I hope you find the one sutable for you and have a lot of fun and success with it.
:D
All the best xxx

Latest posts

Back