a lady with psoriasis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suki1066

Reaction score
hello, can anyone give me advise, a long term friend has asked if i would do a regular maicure as she said her Dr thought it would be benifitial to her.Under some of her nails is psoriasis, i know a little about this condidtion but any further advise would be appreciated.
regards jane

hello, can anyone give me advise, a long term friend has asked if i would do a regular maicure as she said her Dr thought it would be benifitial to her.Under some of her nails is psoriasis, i know a little about this condidtion but any further advise would be appreciated.
regards jane

Hi Jane

Usually with psoriasis the client can have a condition called onychlosis if this is the case and it is quite severs it is normal to keep the nails short and dry to avoid anthing getting under them.

What I trend to do is if there is only a little evidance of the then I would manicure but adivse client to wear gloves etc and keep short and dry

Hope this helps:hug:

my boyfriend suffers with psoriasis on his neck and nails and if i do not give him a regular and the get a little long (not girly long lol) his nails get bumps in them. he says having regular manicures helps even though it does i think he enjoys them, he is so vain!! lol
xx

Dead skin cells do not shed naturally with Psoriasis and so naturally they back up and get thicker so exfoliation is extremely helpful for psoriasis.
I personally would use a chemical exfoliant such as dermalogicas gentle cream exfoliant then i would apply barrier repair cream to provide protection and repair damaged skin cells.
Onycholysis is usually brought about by excessive filing or infection.
An infection causing this is quite possible due to the dead skin cells harbouring bacteria and then germs getting into the imparred barrier function.
In which case I would use Thymol a gentle antiseptic available at young nails.
But since you did not mention nail bed seperation I would try the exfoliation for def !
hth let me no ...jo :hug:

thankyou all,
Jo in which order should i perform as you have suggested? there is a little nail bed seperation now you have mentioned it, as you can see i trained in Salon Systems, but have added other poroducts, after recomendation to try out, but nothing in relation to psoriasis
thanks jane

Check out Amino Genisis a Salon retail range.
AminoGenesis Skin Care

Cocoon - Sounds like the shot. It's a pretty amazing range.

HtH

XX J XX

Dip her in solar oil.. it helps.. its all my Fiancee and MIL use.. .they have it on their skin thou not nails.. but u could give it a go and see how she gets on.

I have a nail client who has this on her thumb. She has it all over her body as well. We have tried everything under the sun and moon to help get it cleared up but have found nothing at all. It isn't getting any better nor worse. The reason to keep her nail (s) short is because there isn't much holding the nail on. My client has bumped hers a few times and said it is the worse pain.

Now my question is this: Why this is one nail of hers soooo rock hard and strong compared to her other nails. She said it never use to be this strong until the psoriasis got to it. And it isn't thick.

Latest posts

Back