A little v on the corner when sculpting, why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sayanigirl

Reaction score
Hi I have been searching thread for this prob for ages . As I do like to do search . But couldn't find any answer or mayb missed it . Anyway I'm learning sculpting now . Whenever I sculpt I don't get seepage under (most of the times )so I think my form are snugly fit but I keep getting a little v on the corners where white meets free edge to pink . It's not from overfilling as its there before . Is it that my sidewalls are not thick or I need to push product white a bit more nearer to pink . And then after 4-7 days it clips off from the same place or I start catching it if it makes sense . Can please someone help me . I did 121on sculpting with tutor but don't feel confident enough to ask her .

Maybe you haven't had your file straight and filed the v into the side wall

Hi I have been searching thread for this prob for ages . As I do like to do search . But couldn't find any answer or mayb missed it . Anyway I'm learning sculpting now . Whenever I sculpt I don't get seepage under (most of the times )so I think my form are snugly fit but I keep getting a little v on the corners where white meets free edge to pink . It's not from overfilling as its there before . Is it that my sidewalls are not thick or I need to push product white a bit more nearer to pink . And then after 4-7 days it clips off from the same place or I start catching it if it makes sense . Can please someone help me . I did 121on sculpting with tutor but don't feel confident enough to ask her .

It is because you are not pushing the white up into the corners with the point of your brush ... Seen it a zillion times so it is not an uncommon thing with new sculptors. :hug:

Attention to detail and strength in this area is really important as this is where the nail will break if you have those glitches. Make sure you pinch the form and skin away from that area so that you get your smile corners/ears really strong so that they to not chip or bend. Another way is if you sculpt to thin is to reinforce the strength at the end with a thin coat of clear over the top of the nail before file finishing. HTH

It is because you are not pushing the white up into the corners with the point of your brush ... Seen it a zillion times so it is not an uncommon thing with new sculptors. :hug:

Attention to detail and strength in this area is really important as this is where the nail will break if you have those glitches. Make sure you pinch the form and skin away from that area so that you get your smile corners/ears really strong so that they to not chip or bend. Another way is if you sculpt to thin is to reinforce the strength at the end with a thin coat of clear over the top of the nail before file finishing. HTH

Thankyou geeg i dont seem to pick enough product . I will try to push it to the corners . Today i tried to sculpt on my broken nail where white just snapped off because of that v .The pink was intact . it was masque pink so it was covering my whole free edge if it make sense . so i put the form on under the free edge but free edge is quite thick as it has got pink on it and tried to build white as we will do in reverse method . picked a big bead and did white and it has snapped again . I could feel the pressure whole day . I knew it wd snap . what am i doing wrong ahhh( im typing this in dark as my little girl is sleeping next to me )

Thankyou geeg i dont seem to pick enough product . I will try to push it to the corners . Today i tried to sculpt on my broken nail where white just snapped off because of that v .The pink was intact . it was masque pink so it was covering my whole free edge if it make sense . so i put the form on under the free edge but free edge is quite thick as it has got pink on it and tried to build white as we will do in reverse method . picked a big bead and did white and it has snapped again . I could feel the pressure whole day . I knew it wd snap . what am i doing wrong ahhh( im typing this in dark as my little girl is sleeping next to me )
Perhaps you have the length too long for being a young mum! Also you are trying to run before you are walking properly. I cannot see what you did today so I don't know what you've done lol but it is all about structure and balance and at the moment you probably do not know enough about how to actually build the structure so it lasts. It will come ... Don't push the river. X

Perhaps you have the length too long for being a young mum! Also you are trying to run before you are walking properly. I cannot see what you did today so I don't know what you've done lol but it is all about structure and balance and at the moment you probably do not know enough about how to actually build the structure so it lasts. It will come ... Don't push the river. X

Do you know what ,Geeg you are spot on again . Thinking back I didn't build apex because I was in rush . As its only my nails I didn't bother . How do you always seem to know everything . ....xx

Do you know what ,Geeg you are spot on again . Thinking back I didn't build apex because I was in rush . As its only my nails I didn't bother . How do you always seem to know everything . ....xx

Because I have years of experience ... so use me!

Latest posts

Back