A male intimate waxer for women? Your opinion?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobile Manicure

Reaction score
Just sitting here reading threads and this came to my attention. How does everyone else feel about a male, first of all, being in your intimate waxing course as a fellow student.

Then how would you feel about a male running his own intimate waxing business either mobile or from home? I know it wouldn't affect you in any way, but what do you all really think about it?

I'm talking heterosexual male here. And would your opinion change if he was gay?

I'll tell you what I think. I just somehow don't think it's right. I think it's a pervert getting his kicks. I don't know why it's ok for women to do men but not the other way around but it just doesn't sit right with me.

As soon as my husband got wind of vejazzles and vaginal facials (whatever they're called) he wanted to book on the course. He was only kidding but he was telling all his mates he was going to have a career change and they all wanted to join him. None of them are in the least interested in beauty therapy. Most of us have had our husbands offering to help with treatments if it involved nudity (in jest).

Anyway, I'll go and take my old fashioned opinion and hide behind the sofa while you all shoot me down. :wink2:

Would love to know what others think.

Last edited:
I would be first in the queue. Sounds a turn on to me !!!

Nobody worries about male gynecologists

Hmm that's a hard one... I wouldn't feel comfortable with anyone waxing my bits and bobs but a male I think I'd walk out the door, if it was a facial, manicure, massage etc then fine but intimate waxing I don't think so thank you 😁 a male to a male fine and woman to a woman fine but male to woman I think hmm maybe if they get turned on and you can see it which would make it awkward haha! But many people say you don't look at the bits you simply look at the hair your removing but still no thank you 😁 x

I would be first in the queue. Sounds a turn on to me !!!

Nobody worries about male gynecologists

Funny you should say that. My neighbour is a gynaecologist. We call him the dishy doctor on our road. He's very handsome and has 6 kids. (Practise makes perfect!) We would all (women on our road) be horrified if we ever had to have him but fortunately he chose to work in a hospital far from home as he doesn't want to see any of his patients in the local!

It would be a hard one abbie.. lol

That's an interesting point MM.

Male gynecologists and of course the male midwife's that you get have spent many years training and are there to investigate problems/deliver babies and are an essential part of a team of people who all do the same thing. Could it be because in this instance generally you are surrounded by a rather large medical environment where you may not feel so insecure. When I had my daughter I had a male midwife when I was admitted to hospital but I was in so much pain I couldn't care less if it was Santa Claus to be honest.

Intimate waxing to me is more of a personal preference service, it is not a medical requirement to be waxed, you are just taking your clothes off to have a service that is through choice and not an examination. I think it is personal choice with this, would I be happy to be intimately waxed by a male? No but then to be honest I wouldn't want to be waxed by Kim either as I'm frightened by any form of waxing, you should hear me squeal when having my legs done! I don't believe all men want to be waxed by a female, this is why there are both male and female's who offer this service, it is a good thing. I understand what you are saying though.

Last edited:
I'm sure you will probably get an mixed response here on the forum but I have to say for me as a male therapist I don't think that most female clients would feel particularly comfortable with a guy carrying out their intimate waxing treatments regardless if they are gay or heterosexual.

I have often asked my girlfriends if they would have their treatment carried out by a male therapist and all of them said no and whilst I would be more than happy to carry out facials, massage ,general body waxing even bikini wax but I certainly would not feel comfortable carrying out intimate waxing for a female client.

I guess it could be considered unfair as girls can wax guys all day and it's perfectly acceptable and generally much preferred whereas it doesn't really work the other way round...

Also this is a forum for therapists and I guess our opinions are slightly different as we probably recognise that it should be more equal so therefore perhaps some people may say they would feel comfortable because they feel that they should feel more comfortable if that makes sense....

Will be interesting to see what people say.

I would not be comfortable having a male waxing me at all! I was wondering how it works on waxing courses like Kim's as it says on her website males and females can do the course, and that would put me off loads, bad enough to have your bits out in front of one other person never minds men too. I know I'm a bit prudish and sensitive though, I always went to same lady for my waxing until I moved area and was quite nervous about finding someone new.

I don't think it's perverted at all………no more perverted than me doing mens intimate waxing.

HOWEVER! It's not going to be the norm (not in my lifetime). Although it's unfair as women wax men and women without anyone giving it a thought, it's very rare to find a straight woman who would happily have intimate waxing done by a straight man and from what my gay friends have said over the years, the last thing they would want to do is wax a woman's private parts. I remember one screaming in disgust at the thought of it. lol

There are a couple of male therapists who have female clients but I'll lay money on it that they are very few and far between.

It would be a hard one abbie.. lol

Hahaha I didn't word that right did i! 😂
But it is unfair that's it's not right for men to wax women but the other way round is completely fine! But think of it I know there are a few male therapists but a lot of people look at beauty therapy as something women do like truck drivers is mostly men - we do live in a kinda sexist world - I am far from sexist though! Some people probably wouldn't want a man to do any treatment on them and some would prefer a man! I just agree with do what makes you happy can't go by what others want you to do or what others would think of you! X

I don't think it's perverted at all………no more perverted than me doing mens intimate waxing.

HOWEVER! It's not going to be the norm (not in my lifetime). Although it's unfair as women wax men and women without anyone giving it a thought, it's very rare to find a straight woman who would happily have intimate waxing done by a straight man and from what my gay friends have said over the years, the last thing they would want to do is wax a woman's private parts. I remember one screaming in disgust at the thought of it. lol

There are a couple of male therapists who have female clients but I'll lay money on it that they are very few and far between.

Made me laugh. My daughter sat on a beach with her male gay best friend, and when a woman took her bikini top off he recoiled in horror and asked her to pass him a bucket.

As to the OP - I would be happy to be waxed by a male waxer. If he was fit I might struggle a bit!!! If he was gay it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I can say this with the certain knowledge that it is never going to happen however!!!

Vicki x

I have to say ( after giving it some thought) that it wouldn't bother me in the slightest, the tech would have seen his fair share of nether regions so mine isn't going to faze him. Its just a treatment being done at the end of the day.
Same as my doctor is a guy and he's seen me through pregnancies, post check ups and all the checks with being a female. My obstetrics consultant was male, as was the surgeons who did female operations on me etc, I've never seen it as an issue just respected that in all jobs its more important to be trained well in what they are doing.. If that makes sense.

I tried to come up with a pro and con list but wasn't really able to.

I'm looking to eventually do my intimate male waxing and hadn't thought about opposite gender waxing being an issue to others before.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Made me laugh. My daughter sat on a beach with her male gay best friend, and when a woman took her bikini top off he recoiled in horror and asked her to pass him a bucket.

As to the OP - I would be happy to be waxed by a male waxer. If he was fit I might struggle a bit!!! If he was gay it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I can say this with the certain knowledge that it is never going to happen however!!!

Vicki x
What if he was ugly and pretended to be gay? lol x

Could it be that the few Male Therapists who do offer this service to women don't particularly like doing it, but feel they should offer the service to both men and women. I don't like the word "perverted" attached to this though!

I wouldn't be comfortable having it done myself.

Could it be that the few Male Therapists who do offer this service to women don't particularly like doing it, but feel they should offer the service to both men and women. I don't like the word "perverted" attached to this though!

I wouldn't be comfortable having it done myself.

I probably attach the label perverted to it because its the only reason why my husband would want to do the vajazzle course. He'd happily admit to that! Maybe there's a better phrase. "To get off on it" maybe?

I've seen plenty of threads on here where therapists have asked for advice because the client wants his/her partner present during intimate waxing and so forth, obviously to get off on it. I just look at this the same way. But I'm terribly old fashioned and prudish. God knows how I managed to have 2 kids. :Scared:

Interesting thread.

I'm a bloke, and I have a private home based practice.

I've been waxing for years, and because of demand I trained in female intimate waxing and my ladies love it!

I have absolutely no problem with waxing anyones body parts - only the other month I was waxing a ladies boobs!

My view was a lot of ladies won't come and see me, but those who will why turn then away? My brazilian and hollywood clients have ranged from 19 to fifty-something, none have had a problem and all commented that it was the best waxing experience they'd had.

One of my first was someone who hadn't had waxing for 15years because she was so traumatised by her last experience. She then decided to visit a guy's home to have it done and has been back every month since.

Mat

Last edited:
Another take on the question - which would you prefer?

a) A young beauty therapist using cheap strip wax
b) A guy using a quality non-strip wax who appears to know his game

This is the choice most of my female clients have had to make.

Hmmmmm tough question to answer. Mind you I wouldn't want to be intimately waxed by a woman either. . . well I would especially with labour coming up next year but I don't want any therapist seeing my bits, male or female. For me it's different with medical procedures and check ups because they're necessary so I just have to grin and bear it... or should that be grin and 'bare' it ;) I remember having a team of male and female medical professionals when my Sammy was born because he needed to be delivered by ventouse, did I care? Not one bit, I was like get this baby out NOW! However as intimate waxing is a choice and not medical, I can happily keep my lady garden a secret garden :) I guess given the choice I'd feel more comfortable with a female, just as id feel more comfortable with a female doctor.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
That's interesting - the difference between need and want.

I know some of my clients for example get so self conscious before their wax they won't let their boyfriends see them because they themselves can't stand the hair.

....but then what happens if a female intimate waxer has a cracking looking male who happens to get a hard 'you know what'....does this ever happen....I probably would come out with a line of " well that certainly looks like a penis ....but only smaller" ...but that is me! Probably why I wouldn't be able to do the job and I'd go red!

But hats off (or should I say underwear) to the guys and girls that intimate wax, it clearly works for all sorts of people and there is a demand for it both ways.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back