A male intimate waxer for women? Your opinion?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty open minded and would happily be waxed by a man but not any near my nooni x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for that info……….it's always good to know how different cultures view things.

Here in the UK, the chances of getting a female builder or meter reader, or bin collector turn up are zilch. It's not sexist, just a fact of life that men prefer to do certain trades and women prefer others.

Its also a religious thing in our multi cultural society now.I had a friend who is mobile and turned up in her therapists dress and the women of the house made Her put on a thing like a long candle wick dressing gown head to toe and full arms just incase any of the men in the family caught sight of her.
I don't hear those people being called old fashioned and out of touch or prudish.A certain amount of respect is called for whatever your views.

Last edited:
It may be a religious view to hide private parts from males, but veils/burquas/dressing gowns etc are actually voluntary.

I'm just glad the word 'Noony' is being adopted by all!!!

It may be a religious view to hide private parts from males, but veils/burquas/dressing gowns etc are actually voluntary.

I think the problem was her dress was a bit too revealing and next time she went in Tunic and trousers.They are good clients for her so no offence taken either way.

I actually preferred 'muffin,' which was said somewhere in this thread lol

Now that just makes me hungry, and then it sounds a little weird - I'm hungry for muffin!!!!!

McDonalds for a bacon and egg McMuffin!!!

I like Martin mentioned above always leave the room for clients to get undressed for all treatments, for intimate waxing I ask them to cover with a towel for when I come back.

Yes I remove it immediately, but the clients doesn't feel as 'exposed'.

At the wax show last weekend chatting with ladies and their experiences. I was surprised to gear that a lot feel more self conscious getting dressed then undressed.

Is this something you guys have come across?

I qualified in beauty therapy (HND beauty therapy) in 1997/8, and at that time Chichester college was the only one local that would take me. In the time I was there it was never a problem, and I always left the room whilst people got ready (although I was never afforded the same privacy!). I still do that now, whether the client is male or female as I personally feel most people are generally more comfortable getting changed without an audience - unless they happen to do so for a living!

I do quite a bit of waxing, including bikini, but I don't do intimate waxing, and personally have no interest in ever doing so! That's partly out of having no desire to see or understand the workings of a lady's gubbins, and partly out of the fact I much prefer skincare and massage, which make me much more money for much less work!

I like Martin mentioned above always leave the room for clients to get undressed for all treatments, for intimate waxing I ask them to cover with a towel for when I come back.

Yes I remove it immediately, but the clients doesn't feel as 'exposed'.

At the wax show last weekend chatting with ladies and their experiences. I was surprised to gear that a lot feel more self conscious getting dressed then undressed.

Is this something you guys have come across?
Funny how you mention this as I do the exact opposite, but then I'm sure you know that already.

My clients love the way that I wax and the whole experience. I must be doing something right though as I have a waiting list for waxing clients and training.

I hate towels, especially during waxing as they're unhygienic. I chat to my clients as they get undressed to put them at ease and they all chat back. I feel that leaving the room would make them nervous and would be pointless. However! I neither know nor care how other waxers work because I don't make it my business and I totally respect that we all work in different ways for different reasons. It's not wrong......just different.

For me the reason I leave clients to undress in private for a few minutes is that I leave some wipes for them so they can freshen up before the treatment and I know from my own experience of having my waxing done it's nice to have those few minutes on your own. Most of my clients are coming from work so they have not have had the opportunity to shower etc prior to their appointment and clients need to feel comfortable in the knowledge that they are clean and fresh.

I can honestly say I would actually prefer a male waxer for intimate waxing (my husband would have different ideas) but I feel that a male waxer would work harder to get a good reputation as it will be harder for them to get female clients in.
I've had bad experiences with female waxers and I'm currently trying to find a good intimate waxer in my area. As long as they have a good reputation and use good quality products I don't mind make or female therapists.

For me the reason I leave clients to undress in private for a few minutes is that I leave some wipes for them so they can freshen up before the treatment and I know from my own experience of having my waxing done it's nice to have those few minutes on your own. Most of my clients are coming from work so they have not have had the opportunity to shower etc prior to their appointment and clients need to feel comfortable in the knowledge that they are clean and fresh.
This is exactly the reason I do it Jack. Plus it gives me a few minutes to gather myself and tame my unruly hair or grab a drink as we're always back to back for 9 hrs a day!
I would expect privacy for dressing/undressing at the doctors or hospital so I see no reason not to afford my clients the same courtesy, but as always it's about what works for you and your business.

I have never had anything more than a 'tidy' bikini line, but next week that's due to change......I'm going all out for all off.

Interesting to see if I'll continue with it - the problem will be finding someone round here who does it properly - male or female!!!

Vicki x

You're in luck! Hubby has just volunteered. He needs a model to get started on. Won't cost you a penny. And he doesn't even mind the 300 mile round trip. Isn't that good of him? :wink2:

Its also a religious thing in our multi cultural society now.I had a friend who is mobile and turned up in her therapists dress and the women of the house made Her put on a thing like a long candle wick dressing gown head to toe and full arms just incase any of the men in the family caught sight of her.
I don't hear those people being called old fashioned and out of touch or prudish.A certain amount of respect is called for whatever your views.

Sounds like the KKK outfit! Was it white?

I wouldn't feel comfortable, I think that down there is such an intimate and personal area and because all woman share this part they are obviously used to seeing one and handling one. Women don't tend to get off waxing men but I might be brain washed all these years by my husband but all men think about is sex! And wanting to wax a woman down there is a bit strange. I do feel for male therapists though as most women wouldn't feel comfortable having treatments even like massage from a male and they are just trying to make a living. I would love to hear a male waxers point of view on this one!?

I do feel for male therapists though as most women wouldn't feel comfortable having treatments even like massage from a male and they are just trying to make a living. ?

I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about male therapists not being able to make a living. I've been in the industry since 1997/8 and have been consistently busy. I'm currently booked solid through to mid January, mainly with facials, massage and waxing!

Latest posts

Back