A New Bank Holiday!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkgenie

Reaction score
Pass it on!

There is a chance the public can make St Georges Day a Public Bank
Holiday after this year. That means a day off with pay - yippeeee !!!
Click on the link below to vote. The site needs at least 1,000,000 votes
for the government to take it seriously and give us another holiday.

Pass the link on to whoever you can.

Click on the link and vote, it takes no more than 5 seconds

http://www.stgeorgesday.com/voting.asp

All done, anything for a day off

tentips said:
My sentiments exactly lol!

who are these people who say no? is it all the retired people trying to keep us at work? or just people who love work and never want a day off!

Katmoz33 said:
who are these people who say no? is it all the retired people trying to keep us at work? or just people who love work and never want a day off!

Are there any of these? lol

Done! Cant believe there's anyone out there who wouldn't want an extra day off a year - mind you, being self employed it's also another day with no earnings, hmmmm!

yep I voted too, why not have it as a day off?!

British ex pats always celebrate St Georges day, we used to have a big barbicue, lots of wine good music and the weather was always good by then, loved it and no one ever called us rasist for flying St Georges Flag, we were called patriotic and this is considered normal every where else except England. How sad is that?

I've done it but got greedy & voted 4 times:lol: :lol: i want another bank holiday:lol:

I voted for it the day off but I suppose the people who voted against are employers who have to pay their staff time and half is it? Or double time or day off in loo because I use to work in a salon where they worked bank holidays and I ended up doin em not my choice when it was my day of work think I managed to get double time for that day though!
(so can see both end of spectrum, but my employer didn't work it neither!)
Ali xxxxxx

I wonder if we could get a Bank Holiday in Wales for St Davids day too!

Did you know that you do not have to pay staff on Bank Holidays, they may be entitled to a day off, but it depends on your company policy as to whether or not they get paid. It is not a legal entitlement.

I voted so my hubby can get the day off!

I voted and i voted for all the street, so i can have a day off

Just found this post - while catching up - voted and thought I`d let everyone know about it again - so bumped it up !!!!!

tentips said:

exactly what I was thinking :D

Latest posts

Back