A non hair geek looking for advice on straightners

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yve93

Reaction score
I normally always go with GHD but are these any good? They seem really cheap, have never heard of them bfr....are they too cheap to be good? Sally Express | FHI GO RED MINI IRON
x

ghds are not cheap. they are the most expensive straighters out of all straightners. but they are good very good, the best on the market

I doubt they will be as good. GHD have bargains on there website at the moment x

FHI do go to really hot temperature, 230, and they hold their temperature well, which is why they are recommended for us doing the kerastraight treatment.

I used to use GHDs then started using SHE irons, they are only £65 and in my opinion are exactly the same as GHDs. xx

I always use GHD's but if your looking for something a bit cheaper and good quality I'd recommend the Philips TRESemme Salon Cermanic Straightener. They are £29.99 in Argos, I use these when I go on holiday rather than take my GHD's and to be honest there's not alot of difference. They heat up to 230degrees in 15 seconds. x

I've got fhi's heat platform nano technology ones and I actually like them better than the current ghd, my old ones bust on newyears eve :( lol xx

oh forgot to say my mum had the model before which were not as expensive and they are not so great lol mine were about £85 quid xx

Last edited:
i use SHE straightners they are brill very hot!

Posted via Mobile Device

FHI do go to really hot temperature, 230, and they hold their temperature well, which is why they are recommended for us doing the kerastraight treatment.

I used to use GHDs then started using SHE irons, they are only £65 and in my opinion are exactly the same as GHDs. xx

I've been told the wife of the GHD maker split from him and used the same technology to make SHE which is why they work the same she just made the price abit more affordable.
Don't know how true this is but I've used both and there is no difference to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't reccommend GHD to anyone they are far too hot and only have one heat setting!
I use FHI straightners and they have an adjustable heat gauge on them so your not ironing your hair to a crisp...I dont use my FHI's on anything higher than 200 degrees and GHD go up to 230...which I think is far too hot!

Hope this helps! :D

I've been told the wife of the GHD maker split from him and used the same technology to make SHE which is why they work the same she just made the price abit more affordable.
Don't know how true this is but I've used both and there is no difference to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

i have recently been told the same thing too -
thats a woman for you, thinking on her toes, dont blame her lol

Latest posts

Back