A plea respecting the titles of Threads

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do find it tedious reading the same questions.

I have to say that a lot of the time the search facility is better!

Geeks can find info and advice from many geeks, some of whom do not post much anymore. More detailed and informative answers too. Perhaps when people weren't bored of the same questions. I search everything. Actually I'm guilty of searching anything just to have a good read x

I do find it tedious reading the same questions.

I have to say that a lot of the time the search facility is better!

Geeks can find info and advice from many geeks, some of whom do not post much anymore. More detailed and informative answers too. Perhaps when people weren't bored of the same questions. I search everything. Actually I'm guilty of searching anything just to have a good read x

This site has helped so many to grow their businesses that those ones do not any longer have time to keep up and post. But they visit and sometimes come back to give the benefit of their expertise to the site. It's so nice to see Anna from Toronto here again, and Carl (Nailzoo) from Australia ... Both superb nail artists with heaps of experience ... Follow their posts if you can.

This site is what YOU, I, and others MAKE it.

If all folks do is come on and search and contribute little, then it is going to be boring ... If you care to contribute with your knowledge and experience and some of your time and pay forward a little of that which this site has given to you then it will be more interesting for everyone. :Love:

I could not agree more! I always name threads appropriately & with capitalised letters, I know how annoying it can be to readers & when trying to search through loads of crap, I don't even bother reading poorly titled threads.

This site has helped so many to grow their businesses that those ones do not any longer have time to keep up and post. But they visit and sometimes come back to give the benefit of their expertise to the site. It's so nice to see Anna from Toronto here again, and Carl (Nailzoo) from Australia ... Both superb nail artists with heaps of experience ... Follow their posts if you can.

This site is what YOU, I, and others MAKE it.

If all folks do is come on and search and contribute little, then it is going to be boring ... If you care to contribute with your knowledge and experience and some of your time and pay forward a little of that which this site has given to you then it will be more interesting for everyone. :Love:

Totally! I do contribute, where I can and where I feel I can help. Or where I have an opinion ;-) I think the thread titles deter a lot of folk from even reading let alone replying.

The search facility is invaluable to me.

Good thread Gigi x

Great thread Gigi (where have you been by then way, would be lovely to see your lovely face next time you are passing xxx) .....just wondered if everyone realised that hovering the curser over a thread title for a second brings up the first part of the thread for you to read through and then you can decide if you want to read further.....(you need to be logged onto do this by the way)

I most definitely agree!

To be honest, I spend a lot less time on the Nail forum these days as ths has been irritating me so much. It does seem to be an issue more and more lately. Thanks you for pointing it out Gigi, hopefully this will help to make a difference.

I read, re-read and re-read again before I post anything and then I re-read it again when I have posted it just to make sure.

I thought I was quite good at making sure my thread titles aren't along the lines of Heeeeeelllllllllpppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do I do?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? but one of mine was changed the other day :lol: So clearly I need to think even more carefully

But I do use full and correct English, I use PARAGRAPHS so that what I write can be read easily, especially if I have a lot to say, which isn't that often ;) and more often than not I do a search first, which is why I don't post that much anyway, as I can usually find my answer by browsing other threads.

But have to agree that I scan through thread titles and there are very few I click on to read further unless they sound a bit more gripping and educational than Help! What colour should I choose??!!!! :zzz:

I totally agree, and also want to heart most of the replies. Ha Ha, I also skip over the vaguely named posts and don't even bother to read the TXT speak posts. They just irritate me and make me feel like I wouldn't want to help even if I could. (Sorry)

I wonder if it seems a little worse at the moment because there are a lot of quiet times and people with too much time on their hands, all wanting to post anything and everything. This may also be the reason for all the tempers flaring, quiet business, more worries and no-one to take it out on? Just a thought

Great thread Gigi (where have you been by then way, would be lovely to see your lovely face next time you are passing xxx) .....just wondered if everyone realised that hovering the curser over a thread title for a second brings up the first part of the thread for you to read through and then you can decide if you want to read further.....(you need to be logged onto do this by the way)

Exactly what I do. Although, in the hair section right now there are two identical questions being asked on the first page.
I am guilty of poor spelling and punctuation though - don't string me up!

thnx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!XXXXXXXXXXXX

I have been to see MisstyB today as a matter of fact!! (She's a wonderful therapist by the way). Thank you,Tina for a lovely 2 hours of relaxation, a beautiful facial and massage and see you tomorrow for the rest!! lol

Just giving this one a bump.

Thank you!

Is it time to revisit this topic again?? :biggrin:

Often when I've posted a reply I can see predictive text errors but I do go back into edit my post so it reads more fluently, takes seconds, :)

I totally agree!
I am a little bit of a know it all when it comes to grammar and spelling and can't help to pick out the typos and spelling errors haha.
I too cannot tolerate the "text speak" it drives me mad :(
Awesome thread - thanks for posting.
Elaine xx

Is it time to revisit this topic again?? :biggrin:

I have considered recently revisiting this topic but was put off by it likely ending in another subject going belly up as has happened when asking peeps to be considerate about spelling, text speak, punctuation etc... So, yes I am pleased this has been bumped.

Will be interesting to see how many geeks read the posts and and respect what is being asked.

It really is helpful when searching through threads and being given a good idea of what the topic is about. 'Eek, Help' or 'So Mad' is not helpful really as opposed to 'Curing Issue With Bio Sculpture On Elderly Client' (just a random example) and narrowing the subject matter to Bio Sculpture and the issue being possibly age related.

This will flag the thread up for input from the Bio Sculpture Geeks in particular or though the possibly age related issue may be addressed by other helpful geeks.

I'm glad also, hate those stupid pointless thread titles. It is the main reason why people ask the same questions over & over again because the search facility becomes redundant if all it's bringing up is 'OMG HELP ME' -.-

I have read several threads where I actually struggle to understand what's being asked. If someone hopes that I am going to take the time to a) read it and b) go to the trouble of replying to it, please make it legible in the first place. I now just move swiftly on. It doesn't take a minute to re-read and correct!

Latest posts

Back