a simple trick? -cutting the smile line

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hiya
I tried with gel last night but did it the opposite way..
base layer cured
applied builder layer then used the tip to remove the gel from the free edge(pulled down towards the end of the tip) then cured
then placed my white gel on the tip up to the smile that I had just created..
wasn`t too bad but it was hard to see were the gel had been removed from and I still had to touch up the smile with my brush..
gonna try the opposite way later!! will let you know how I get on??

Blue Moon in the sky yesterday.!!..and I broke a nail!!!...on my right hand.and my left hand is just not playing where smile lines are concerned!!.....

I tried this method and voila...a really nice smile...yes I found it weird pressing out in a straight line but I gritted my teeth and fought with my brush and did it.....
It is easy to tell when to 'cut' with Retention therefore I cut in and got it right first go.....BUT it definitely need to be tucked in slightly to crisp it up.....
I am delighted, and my right hand will no longer be slightly inferior to my left as far as smiles go......

I will always still press out my smiles as normal with clients etc but for my right hand this is an excellent trick.....Thanks..!!

izzidoll said:
I am delighted, and my right hand will no longer be slightly inferior to my left as far as smiles go......

I will always still press out my smiles as normal with clients etc but for my right hand this is an excellent trick.....Thanks..!!

Yeah that's what i thought it would be good for - my right hand always looks pants compared to my left no matter how much i try - i always get the shakes for some reason???

Can't wait to try it out after i've taken my current ones off.

Just tried this now! How fantastic!! :biggrin:

I still have a long way to go with my smiles but I think this will now help me with my confidence until i can do them free hand!

Thanks for a great tip! :biggrin:

Sarah
xxx

You must use a full welled tip with a nice rounded top edge
that will resemble the shape of the smile line you want to achieve when
turned upside down. Size the tips to fit each nail and set them out on your
table. With the tip you have already sized out to match the nail,

Just wondering, that if you used a smaller tip, would you smile more?

Hmmm had an idea...
I'm wondering if you could do reverse with gel and if that would work? What do you think?
I mean, instead of cutting it away, apply your white a tad further down than you want it, then push it upwards towards the free edge instead of pulling away? With a tip dipped in nail cleanz/dehydrator? If it creates a ridge, can always buff after, right? then clean away excess with the brush before curing?

I can't try it out cause I'm doing a set on myself tonight for an art contest.. no white being used..
but if anyone has a chance to try it this way, let me know.
Otherwise, I'll try it in 2wks and let you know. LOL

A full welled tip?

So onlt the middle of the tip is on the nail and you just take the middle L&P out is this right?

Sorry to sound so silly.:irked:

Caz xxx

I was shown this by my old tutor at college (although she did say at the time we woudnt be able to do it in exams).

She did it by placing white bead as normal on the tip, pressing out but can leave it straight, get the same size tip and placing it when you want the smile to start and scrape away downwards towards the cuticle so you are left with a smile.

Does that make sense!

x

Latest posts

Back