a simple trick? -cutting the smile line

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you mean that you put the white on, then push the free edge of a tip up against it? Sorry, I'm not getting this and I want to. x

Ummmmmmm I'm just not getting it either :rolleyes:

What i think they mean is...apply your white as normal...the get another tip...and with the well end...push it into the white and scrape down towards the cuticle..this making a perfect smile line....or i could have it completely wrong...lol..helpfull aint i...lol xxx

Yep, Angie is right! I'll do my best to do some pics tonight, my sis has taken my camera on holiday so I'll have to nab dad's but I'll see what I can do.

Oooh yes please, it sounds the answer to my prayers!! Still will practice the proper way though!!:lol:

bimbogeri said:
Yep, Angie is right! I'll do my best to do some pics tonight, my sis has taken my camera on holiday so I'll have to nab dad's but I'll see what I can do.

Would be great if you could do that! thanks

sorry if i'm butting in but isn't this cheating?

surely it would be more beneficial to actually perfect the art of creating a smile line???

Fingertips ND said:
sorry if i'm butting in but isn't this cheating?

surely it would be more beneficial to actually perfect the art of creating a smile line???
got to agree with you :)

the best way to get a decent smile line is to perfect your skill.

i used to tend to agree with you vic and sandi but .....however....not sure if i am coming to the conclusion now...that i dont care what product you use - or how you do it ...or perfect it..if the end result looks the beez kneeez then whichever way u want to do your smiles works for me !!!!

so hurry up and tell me / show me pics of the sneaky way so i can try it !!!!

amb x

Why is it cheating?:irked:
The job gets done, right?
It's just done using a different 'tool' other than a brush.
A different 'technique' if you will.

That's like saying using 'tape guides' for french's is cheating.
Well, if you've got a shakey hand... and want a nice smile line.......

Just my 2cents worth.

;)

hey Victoria

I see you are a newbie to the site ! welcome to geekland!

ambx

VHunter said:
Why is it cheating?:irked:
The job gets done, right?
It's just done using a different 'tool' other than a brush.
A different 'technique' if you will.

That's like saying using 'tape guides' for french's is cheating.
Well, if you've got a shakey hand... and want a nice smile line.......

Just my 2cents worth.

;)

I didn't actually mean it WAS cheating (in the sense of 'oh my god you can't do that, it's wrong and you'll get in trouble)!!!!

In my eyes you are trained to do something a certain way so instead of trying to get round it why not just practice perfecting it.

Obviously I shouldn't have said anything!

Well, maybe anyway..
Here it is at last, my appalling picture tutorial on cutting the smile line.
Before you open it, please forgive the rubbish quality of the pictures and the nails in them. I haven't picked up my l&p brush for months and it's a bit hard working round a camera tripod (hence why I gave up with that and the last few pics are rather blurry!) but I hope it gives you an idea of what's being talked about anyway.
Maybe another geek with a bit more prowess with both the nails and the camera could do a better one at some point.
xxx

http://www.withnailsandi.co.uk/cutting_the_smile_line.pdf

Thanks!!

Will try this tonight! :)

xxxx

Oh I will have to have a little go at this thanks for sharing

Caz xxx

Fab idea, thanks for that! Even if the smiles aren't that smiley, at least there is a smile, not like my poor attempts at pink and white L&P so far!! I'll give it a go on the nail trainer!

MMMMMMMMmmmmm................I just don't know if my brush would do my zone 1 in a straight line!! it would just feel so wrong, do you know what I mean?......I have it so well trained to press and guide out to the sides..........looks good though can't deny that.....I will definitely try it with my left hand when doing my right hand though!!...although it still might be awkward.......

Thanks for the piccies...

Fingertips ND said:
I didn't actually mean it WAS cheating (in the sense of 'oh my god you can't do that, it's wrong and you'll get in trouble)!!!!

In my eyes you are trained to do something a certain way so instead of trying to get round it why not just practice perfecting it.

Obviously I shouldn't have said anything!

Vicki

I'm sorry that you took offense at my comment.
I was only questioning, and certainly not aiming to anger anyone
I also didn't mean that someone 'would get in trouble'. that is not at all what I meant. I just thought it odd to be considered as cheating.

I guess I'm just open to trying anything, and if it works, why not?
That's all I was trying to say.
didnt mean for anyone to get upset.

bimbogeri said:
Well, maybe anyway..
Here it is at last, my appalling picture tutorial on cutting the smile line.
Before you open it, please forgive the rubbish quality of the pictures and the nails in them. I haven't picked up my l&p brush for months and it's a bit hard working round a camera tripod (hence why I gave up with that and the last few pics are rather blurry!) but I hope it gives you an idea of what's being talked about anyway.
Maybe another geek with a bit more prowess with both the nails and the camera could do a better one at some point.
xxx

http://www.withnailsandi.co.uk/cutting_the_smile_line.pdf

Beautifully done and very well set out, very easy to understand.

Take care x

Good little tutorial well set out and easy to understand. your camera is better than mine lol
x

Victoria make your signature smaller hun its too large lol

Latest posts

Back