A thread for those starting an NVQ in Beauty in September

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feels like ages that I have been on here!!

Well! Passed make-up and waxing with distinctions! Just to finish manicure and facials so should be done them soon!

We have started nail enhancement, pedicure and eye treatment! Which includes, eyebrow/lash tinting, shaping also perming. All going really well.

Did my intimate waxing course, also have CND shellac on the 17th of april

I honestly love the course, had an interview for a salon on thursday, have to go back and demo a treatment on wednesday afternoon. so fingers April!

Last edited:
Feels like ages that I have been on here!!

Well! Passed make-up and waxing with distinctions! Just to finish manicure and facials so should be done them soon!

We have started nail enhancement, pedicure and eye treatment! Which includes, eyebrow/lash tinting, shaping also perming. All going really well.

Did my intimate waxing course, also have CND shellac on the 17th of april

I honestly love the course, had an interview for a salon on thursday, have to go back and demo a treatment on wednesday afternoon. so fingers crossed

Don't know what's happened to the post! Sorry!

xx

Wow no ones posted in 2 months! How is everyone getting on? Near completion and considering level 3?

Just had to come shout it from rooftops... Today I finished my last assessment! Have completed my VRQ lvl 2 hair and media make up! With 8 distinctions, 1 merit and 2 passes! Hope everyone is well! Xx

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

Hi! Sounds like you are doing great. Hope everyone else has got through it :D

Well, I've just finished my NC Beauty which apparently is the equivalent of the NVQ level 3 but I will be going back to college for another 2 years to do the HND which I'm really looking forward to as it will add aromatherapy and hot stone to the massage unit I did this year, among many other things :) I've also done Minx training through Ellisons, Shellac training with The Center in Edinburgh and I've an intimate waxing course booked with Kim Lawless later in the year so I'm loving everything I'm doing right now. :D

My mission over the next few weeks is to launch my own mobile business once my NC paperwork comes though so I can put the proper insurance in place first. This will hopefully help fund me through the next couple of years.

Hope you are all doing great! X

Hi ladies, sorry its been a busy few weeks, well done to everyone......i finished my NVQ Level 2 Beauty 2 weeks ao, 7 weeks ahead of schedule which im really happy about. In between did some Gelish training, threading, spray tans, minx so have built up a small clientele and its going well. I have a salon from home and am now debating whether to do do Level 3 but since paying for Level 2 and about 40 Gelish colours, lamp and all the other equipment I am slightly skint and need to start earning some cash ;-S Will be interesting to hear what everyone else is up to xx

I completed about 6 weeks ago, the first in my class to complete and I got distinctions in everything but waxing which I got a merit for (and was very unhappy with! 1 sodding point short).

This week I have also done an enterprize course with the princes trust which now I have completed means I can have a mentor to help me do my business plan to apply for funding for my home salon.

Planning to do my level 3 but still unsure if I should try to apply for the 1 day level 3 course in another college (which doesn't cover electricals) or to just stick with the level 3 in the same college which covers 3 days and 1 day placement.

Over the summer I also want to get a gellish course and a body wrap course under my belt too :)

Hi sounds like you have done really well. Well done :D When I originally applied for the NC Beauty I believed it was the equivalent of the NVQ level 2 but I then found out it is actually the equivalent of the level 3 because of the higher level of massage, anatomy and Physiology and electrotherapy covered this year.

It's great that you are doing the level 3, I'm sure you will enjoy getting a bit more of a challenge :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Had an email and text from the college yesterday to say that we can collect our certificates tomorrow :D eeeeek almost time to start buying some fun stuff from Eve Taylor! (couldn't buy from them until I have my qualification and sort out insurance)

Hey girls! I'm doing my level 3 in September. Really looking forward to it :) where is everyone studying? xx

Had an email and text from the college yesterday to say that we can collect our certificates tomorrow :D eeeeek almost time to start buying some fun stuff from Eve Taylor! (couldn't buy from them until I have my qualification and sort out insurance)

That's great! I'm so jealous :D My NC comes from the SQA (Scottish Qualification Authority) so ours take ages to come from them in the post. Will be ages to wait on mine haha :D

Oh Selina don't be envious - it seems they cleverly worded the email to get us in to clean because all I got was a certificate of attendance for the Eve Taylor training I did in March!:sad:

Took a photo copy of the front of my portfolio to show what I have qualified in in the hope I can book on some courses with that for now.

Oh Selina don't be envious - it seems they cleverly worded the email to get us in to clean because all I got was a certificate of attendance for the Eve Taylor training I did in March!:sad:

Took a photo copy of the front of my portfolio to show what I have qualified in in the hope I can book on some courses with that for now.

Oh that was sneaky! Haha Could you maybe have someone from the department write a letter on college headed paper with a list of what you have passed? I had to do this to prove I had completed mani&pedi so I could do my Shellac training and they accepted it without any issues :)

Lena White are happy to take a copy of my ID and a letter confirming my study at college. I have a letter confirming my place on the level 3 course so will send them that tomorrow and then see what dates suit for me to book onto the OPI course in London (as they apparently dont offer it here anymore :( )

Hoya, thought I would say hello as I'm pretty new to salon geek and had only replied to a few posts and am still trying to get the hang on things :).. I completed my level 2 last year along with a lash perfect qualification in semi permanent individual eyelash extentions and I am due to do an opi gel polish course in August .. Ill be starting my level 3 this September and can't wait .. I am also in the middle of work experience ready for next year and have learned a micro current none surgical face lift and a detox and revive body treatment which has made me even more exited for next year now!! Can't wait to learn all the new treatments .. Just abit scared it's gonna be difficult as the a and p will be a lot harder than last year .. Ie already ordered my kit and uniform and my level 3 book!! Happy days :) xxx

Yay! My qualification arrived this morning :D Bring on the HND now! :D

Attachments

• 1374191092849.jpg
    1374191092849.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 117
hi Geeks

Am starting an NVQ3 in September.... Its even more real now that ive applied for a 24+ Loan lol. Roll on 6 weeks

Awww I've just completed my NVQ3 and am missing my classes already.
Already looking into what comes next, if anyone has any ideas feel free to let me know :)

Its been suggested to me PTTLS could be of interest to me :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

Hi everyone not had the chance to read the whole thread but have a question hopefully one of u can answer...... Do u have to do epilation to pass your level 3?? It's just I started my lvl 3 sept but I absolutely hate it, get the shakes, feel sick I just can't handle jabbing someone or being jabbed with a needle, hate it that much I'm thinking on giving up even though I love the rest of it. I'm too nervous to ask my tutor as they already swapped my days around so that I could do it as it is. Just sat here wondering if I could swap it for something else or just do the other bits or is that not enough to get the level 3? It's the general route I'm doing xx

I havent gone back for my level 3 as I have got a full time job again but I will say we wouldnt have been covering it - ask your tutor is there an alternate module you could take to fill its place :)

Latest posts

Back