A thread for those starting an NVQ in Beauty in September

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha yeay well done :D

I shall say that I passed my employability in beauty related industries with 100% today too :D ... and got a very dark tan lol (photo on the blog)

Well done on passing your tests ladies! Had an amazing day at the comp on monday! The standard of everyones work was stunning and reaally inspirational!

Our team didnt win, was all level 3s with full on body paints and prosthetic noses etc. Still a chance of going to blackpool tho, college is looking to take more than 3 teams to the regionals so ya never know!

Think this has to be the happiest ive ever been when ive lost something haha just proud to have competed and done as well as we did in the space of a week, compared to the 2 months everyone else had to prepare!

Not able to upload any pics, will try from laptop later xx

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

Hi guys :D Glad to see everyone is doing well! Things are going well at college for me too :D I've passed a written report/investigation into all the health and safety legislation that affects the beauty industry and just starting a new one on Eye enhancements that I have a few weeks to do for my Research Skills class. I also sat my first 2 written tests this week, 1in Anatomy and Physiology (covering cells, tissues, organs and systems, pathogens and diseases, skeletal and muscular systems) on Tuesday and Nails (bones of hand wrist and arm, nails and all the functions of the nails structures, common nail conditions and diseases, nail finishes and contraindications) on Wednesday. I'm surprised to be feeling positive about now that I've done them as I revised before them and so they didn't seem so bad even though they covered quite a lot. Next written exam will be on all things facial on 12th December which also covers a huge amount of information.

Still really enjoying everything and can't wait for gel nails, eye enhancements, makeup and electrical treatments to also start :D x

Forgot to say; the only annoying thing about my course so far is that I will have completed and qualified in manicure and pedicures, nail finishes, facials treatment packages, facials massage and depilation by the end of January. However, because the NC Beauty is a combined qualification we have been told we will not get our paperwork for anything until we have finished everything in the summer. I find this to be a bit of a nuisance as I wanted to book to train with sweet squared at the fingertips centre in Edinburgh for Shellac as soon as I had my mani/pedi pass and now I know that I won't even be able to sign up with their trade site or for training until the summer which is disappointing :/

Glad you are all doing well, have another assessments on the 27th on working with others. We have our hair and beauty festival on Monday! Very excited, was asked to take part on the cover girl make up competition, but I didn't feel I was able to do it.

Never mind, roll on Monday! I miss college!!

xxxx

Glad you are all doing well, have another assessments on the 27th on working with others. We have our hair and beauty festival on Monday! Very excited, was asked to take part on the cover girl make up competition, but I didn't feel I was able to do it.

Never mind, roll on Monday! I miss college!!

xxxx

Should just go for it! The buzz at the competions is amazing! Today we are doing face painting for children in need in college today! Then on the 26th im face painting at a movember charity event giving everyone mustaches! Exciting times hehe xx

Hello ladies, well the festival was AMAZING! Loved it so much.

I have my first client for make up on Monday morning at 9.15, going to do evening. We have to do three formative assessments, evening, day and mature skin.

Hope your all well.

xxx

I am pleased to be 1 facial away from being qualified in them :biggrin: also worked on my first paying customer in the college salon on thursday doing a facial, she clearly enjoyed as she rebooked with me for next week too! exciting times!

I am pleased to be 1 facial away from being qualified in them :biggrin: also worked on my first paying customer in the college salon on thursday doing a facial, she clearly enjoyed as she rebooked with me for next week too! exciting times!

Wow well done! That's really good.

Am so nervous!

xxx

Well done! Im starting assesments next week in make up and tinting aswell as starting theory exams :)

Im excited for monday too! Movember shaving party, spending the weekend drawing tashes I can paint on people tehehee xx

Just thought I would let you know... I am now fully qualified in facials and head massage :Love: (they dont really have a yeay face lol).

Did my summatives today, aiming to do my summative next week for tinting and perhaps tanning if I can get somebody to come in and let me patch test them!

Just thought I would let you know... I am now fully qualified in facials and head massage :Love: (they dont really have a yeay face lol).

Did my summatives today, aiming to do my summative next week for tinting and perhaps tanning if I can get somebody to come in and let me patch test them!

Congrats you!!

My first formative will be this Monday, have loads going on and couldn't do my client on Monday. Going to try harder this wk.

xxxx

Well done :)

Passed my 201 exam (working in beauty related industries) with 100% :D not sure how much of an achievement that is considering I did the same test on my nail course last year haha xx

If you already passed it last yr then you don't need to resit! Just show them your old paper work :lol:

We have done a lot of the silly but essential papers already and thankfully I have passed them all. Hoping to do my sumative for tinting this week. Need to get a bit more practice in on shaping though (which is so hard when most people dont have messy eyebrows!)

If you already passed it last yr then you don't need to resit! Just show them your old paper work :lol:

We have done a lot of the silly but essential papers already and thankfully I have passed them all. Hoping to do my sumative for tinting this week. Need to get a bit more practice in on shaping though (which is so hard when most people dont have messy eyebrows!)

We got told you cant be fast tracked on a vrq reguardless of what you have covered in previous qualifications. I've also achieved distinctions in the 2 make up units we're working towards as they were part of my course last year, but in all honesty it wasnt hard! Learnt more in the first 6 weeks than I did over the whole year as far as make up is concerned, tutor just didnt bother! Xx

wow, we were told that anyone who had taken elements of the course before e.g. if they had done manicures they could show their qualifications as they do not need to redo them as they already have them, shame they wont let you save some time and do the same

Doesnt bother me in the slightest, my make up tutors this year are much more enthusiastic (if thats how its spelt!) one is one of the heads of make up and the other works part time in mac so im learning lots more! As for tests theres only another 2 ive already done so its easier just to resit than make an issue out of it, they take 5mins and are stupidly easy :D xx

Forgot to say; the only annoying thing about my course so far is that I will have completed and qualified in manicure and pedicures, nail finishes, facials treatment packages, facials massage and depilation by the end of January. However, because the NC Beauty is a combined qualification we have been told we will not get our paperwork for anything until we have finished everything in the summer. I find this to be a bit of a nuisance as I wanted to book to train with sweet squared at the fingertips centre in Edinburgh for Shellac as soon as I had my mani/pedi pass and now I know that I won't even be able to sign up with their trade site or for training until the summer which is disappointing :/
Speak with your tutor to check its ok first and that she is agreeable, then call S2 and ask them to contact your tutor, give them her name and contact number and they will contact as proof that you have completed and passed your mani/pedi. They are very good like that :)
Hth.

Quite looking forward to my class tomorrow. Hoping to try and get a 2nd formative in spray tan done (we r really only supposed to do 1 but I feel I need another practice run!). Really eager to hurry up and get some more sumatives done!!

Quite looking forward to my class tomorrow. Hoping to try and get a 2nd formative in spray tan done (we r really only supposed to do 1 but I feel I need another practice run!). Really eager to hurry up and get some more sumatives done!!

Jelous of you doin spray tanning! We only do manual, spray is level 3! Xx

Latest posts

Back