abdominal pain

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellasmum

Reaction score
I see we are on kind of a medical lick today so I have one for you too.....

I have severe abdominal pains 2 weeks BEFORE my period:cry: ....Its so bad it can wake me up in the night and may only last 30mins or so. What is this? Anyone else have this?

Sam

This could be as you ovulate.Is it sometimes worse on one side than the other the other

Yep, this is ovulation time. Some people don't feel a thing but some people get pain.

Yeah,on my left hand side..... You think thats it do you????

I had this real bad that i had to take pein relief for it...... feel for you hun..

Happy Hands....did yours just go away eventually??

Well i would say yes but im not a doctor so if you are worried best go and see one.The ovaries take it in turns to release an egg from each side usually mid waybetween your periods I dont get much pain but sometimes get discomfort walking.. a bit like a stitch on one side.Its called mittleschmerz which is the german for middle pain look it up on the internet

Hi,
I get the same sorta pains just before my period & i was also told that was because i was ovalating.
So i think thats your problem
Tiakayla

Happy Hands....did yours just go away eventually??
i would surgest you go to the doctor and get it checked... i needed a little help in the end

Thanks to you all, I will get it checked out just in case.
Sam X

I have this and same time but my tummy bloats and aches on the left side went to the doctors and had lots of swabs done, not nice then last week had to go and have a scan to check if I have cysts on my ovaries, the scanograther said they look fine but have not been back to the doctors for the full results. It SOUNDS like it is ovulation I really feel for you it bludie hurts, one thing they recomended to me was to go back on the pill as it stops ovulation but because of my age i prefer not to. The other thing it might be is IBS keep me posted, and I will with you. :hug:

I was going to say either ovulation or cysts, now the tricky thing with some cysts is that they only inflate enough to cause you pain at a certain time in your cycle - this could only be a 12 hour window - so by the time you go to the doc's & he arranges a scan the cycst had deflated and there is nothing to see....and you end up sitting there looking like a nutter, swearing blind you were in agony while they just sit there looking at a blank screen :green:

your doctor can arrange for you to have blood tests done at certain days during your cycle and he will know from that if you have little cysts on your ovaries and they can give you medication then.

Hi

Im sure Fibroids could also cause stomach pains, Do you have any other problems with your cycle? It would be best to get it checked out. Hope you sort it out must be so painfull.xx

Julesx

i dont have periods - thank god - but my mate deb suffers with this same thing, she told me that she can actually feel the egg moving - i cant coment on that as i dont suffer with it, but she feels the pain on one side more than the other and blames this (above)

Hi

Im sure Fibroids could also cause stomach pains, Do you have any other problems with your cycle? It would be best to get it checked out. Hope you sort it out must be so painfull.xx

Julesx
in my opinion - if you ahve fibroids, youll know about it - i had these and ended up with a hysterctomy

Latest posts

Back