ABS or Actetate tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beck

Arty geek
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Doing my NVQ folder at mo, and come across a question about ABS ad Actetate tips. i Don't really know what the difference between them is, so if anyone knows the diff and advantages or disadvantages of either, could you give me a brief description.

any help would be appreciated,

Thanks
Beck

There is a great deal of difference between ABS and Acetate tips both in how they are made and how they last.

ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadene Styrene) tips as used by the professional Nail Technicians are durable, easy to file and blend, colour stable (IF virgin ABS is used) and they adhere very well to the nailplate. This is why professionals use them.

Acetate tips are the kind you get at Woolworths etc. They are bendy, hard to file, go yellow with age, and do not stick well to the nail plate. They are very cheap and are made with allot of oil in the process which is why they do not adhere well to the nail plate.

Price is a good indicator of what you are buying, but the whole feel is different between the two.

thats great, thanks for clearing that up for me Geeg.

Lots 'o' Love
Beck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back