Accounts help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belle Vie

Reaction score
I'm seriously struggling with getting my act together when it comes to keeping accounts. I don't ever want to sit with another pile of receipts, a diary and a sinking feeling again!

Is there anyone would could possibly send me a template for basic P&L ? I have a folder for receipts, I've set up various spreadsheets for record keeping but haven't used them properly and now need to play catch up and make sure that I get on track for next year's submission. I know there is lots of info out there on the HMRC website etc but I have the concentration span of your average gnat and can't take it in. It appears I lost all my admin skills the second I got behind a nail desk!

Thanks in advance for any advice/templates/guidance. xx

Hi
I have a friend that told me to use something called VT Cash book. It is a free download, you just need to google it. It is easy to use! Hope that helps! :)

I'm hoping someone comes along to help... I'm in the same position! Absolutely HATE accounts but don't have the funds for an accountant as yet... Hard to believe I once worked in administration! Such a pain isn't it? :( Xx

Shall have to give that a go... X

Have a look at https://mybrightbook.com/

It's a free site & I use it for my bookeeping. I find it really easy to use.

It will sort everything into order for you and then you can download it as a spreadsheet for your paper records.

keep it simple and keep it organised!

I have a spreadsheet for incoming and one for outgoing that adds up as i go along. i try and fill them in every day but at least every week. I have folders for receipts and file them monthly. if you want some help let me know, i can create spreadsheets for you

Thanks ladies

Cheers Souz, that's exactly what I had set up but I just didn't do it, I think it was too many things in too many places. I need everything centralised properly but not on a programme that can be lost as my laptop is really temperamental and liable to die at any time. Maybe yours is just a better format?

x

if you are having computer problems always send yourself your spreadsheets by email, that way you have a copy and can download from your email to any computer!! I just didnt fancy having all my accounts on a website, im sure its very safe and secure but not for me. I do have Sage but for what we need its too much. When i did my course with HMRC i was told to keep it VERY simple and to be honest it works and my tax returns take me no time at all.

I should of said my spreadsheet is one spreadsheet with several pages, one for incoming one for outgoing for each tax year. All the months are colour coded to make it easier at first glance.

Souz that sounds like what I need to put in place, would you mind helping me please? Xxx

Hi there,

We use a accounting software called KashFlow. Yes it costs monthly, think £20 a month off top my head but saves me bundles of time. It's made to be idiot proof, with small businesses in mind and simple!

You can enter your receipts invoices etc. Can link it to HMRC for vat returns and filing at click of button. Worth every penny to make my life easier and my accountants bill small as possible.

Good afternoon geeks!

Just a wee thread to ask how do you do your accounts and booking keeping? Do you use spreadsheets if so how do you lay it out?

In rubbish with computer stuff and excel so need a wee helping hand if anyone wants to help me out?

Thanks geeks

X

I use Brightbook. It is so easy to use and shows you graphs and stuff and makes looking at your of your yearly profit & loss simple. It's online so can be accessed on any computer, tablet or phone etc... so no fear of losing all that important information when a system breaks or crashes.

You can also export the information to excel to print out for your paper accounts if you want to.

https://mybrightbook.com/

I use Brightbook. It is so easy to use and shows you graphs and stuff and makes looking at your of your yearly profit & loss simple. It's online so can be accessed on any computer, tablet or phone etc... so no fear of losing all that important information when a system breaks or crashes.

You can also export the information to excel to print out for your paper accounts if you want to.

https://mybrightbook.com/

Thank you ill have a look at it tomorrow I did light bookkeeping at a old job but don't know how to lay out the spreadsheet 😖

Thank you x

I just posted one like this just yesterday I could do with help? Xx

I have merged the 2 threads together so that everyone can be helped ;)

The accountant we use is very good. We just put all paperwork, invoices, receipts, statements, etc., together and they do it. I know its costly but it would worry us sick if we tried to do it ourselves and we have peace of mind knowing it is penny perfect, so we have no worries, or sleepless nights:)

Latest posts

Back