Achieving this purple?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikinkibabyx

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm getting my hair done in the next few days and want to get this colour under my fringe.. Or as close to it as I can without it being lightened first.

Anyone any ideas on what brand & colour would achieve this? The girl that's doing it is stumped , she uses igora royal but has used l'oreal etc before so would be happy using something else, she just can't think of a colour similar that isn't a crazy colour?

Thanks xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365926616.595002.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365926616.595002.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 2,868
affinage bred red-violet with 0.76 intensive, bout as near as youre going to get without prelightening. Or wella 55/65 with 9% maybe depending on level of your hair and if theres tint.

Roots && ends .. It's always more reddy tints that have been used therefore the fade off is red and right now my whole underlayer of fringe looks red :( x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365961061.254987.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365961061.254987.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 2,436
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365961143.811573.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365961143.811573.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 694
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365961656.759942.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365961656.759942.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 359
I'd look at doing 55/66 with some 0/88 wella. Looks like its got a bit of a blue tone.

i'd say 55/66 is too dark you wouldn't get it anywhere near as vibrant......

I'd use 10/8 and 55/66, and some /8 mixtone to counteract the red

Also, I'd prelighten if poss

I hope she can get this in time.. If not I have 9-998 and /68 in the house would these be any use no?x

I also have 10n and 11v aswell as the /68xx

I hope she can get this in time.. If not I have 9-998 and /68 in the house would these be any use no?x

9-998 is more raspberry and has red tones

Why u against lightening?

6-99 with mix tone in igora is more what your after but is darker but no red so will fade up

You know you can just whack a semi over that and it will be exactly the colour you want with a minimal amount of fade? I dont understand the aversion to semis when its going to get you the colour you want and not add more damage to your hair than putting oxidative colours on it over and over again. A semi like directions plum will stick to the colour you have now and last a long time if you use sulfate free shampoo and dont wash it every day.
Pretty much all purple permanent colours fade out red because the only way they can last is by being red based, so if you want a true undamaging purple semi is the only way to go.

9-998 is more raspberry and has red tones

Why u against lightening?

6-99 with mix tone in igora is more what your after but is darker but no red so will fade up

Coz the ends are a bit dry x

You know you can just whack a semi over that and it will be exactly the colour you want with a minimal amount of fade? I dont understand the aversion to semis when its going to get you the colour you want and not add more damage to your hair than putting oxidative colours on it over and over again. A semi like directions plum will stick to the colour you have now and last a long time if you use sulfate free shampoo and dont wash it every day.
Pretty much all purple permanent colours fade out red because the only way they can last is by being red based, so if you want a true undamaging purple semi is the only way to go.

I used crazy colour in dec and it washed out within 2 washes and left me with blue streaks haha that's the only reason I don't want a semi perm x

I used crazy colour in dec and it washed out within 2 washes and left me with blue streaks haha that's the only reason I don't want a semi perm x

I wouldn't expect a semi to last much longer than 8 washes

What shampoo are you using?

Well some semis work better than others, its trial and error, but all the ones Ive used have lasted 2-3 weeks and thats with washing my hair every day. If I only washed my hair twice a week then they would last much longer. However, using a permanent colour over and over again isnt going to stop fade either, as the ends are going to become more and more processed. I'd say use CT 55/65 + /88 special mix with 1.9% then put a semi over the top. You can also mix a semi into your conditioner to use when you wash and it helps stop fade.

I do agree with you on using semis

My mum has white hair like yours and uses directions, she has to strip her hair to get the colour out because it sticks so much! Unlike crazy colour that only lasts a few washes and isn't very vibrant.

(Pssst you know that picture is photoshopped right?! Lol) :)

My mum has white hair like yours and uses directions, she has to strip her hair to get the colour out because it sticks so much! Unlike crazy colour that only lasts a few washes and isn't very vibrant.

(Pssst you know that picture is photoshopped right?! Lol) :)

Yeah lol but I have seen people with that colour and can't ask them for a photo haha x

If i were you i would use elumen vv@all on top of it... Barely any fading and its exactly the purple in the picture you posted.. The same same one :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SalonGeek

Still not had my hair done:(! The girls been busy and had to cancel my last appointment :(!
Not sure if she uses this herself but as she doesn't use wella I was wondering if yous could help?..

If yous were bleaching the hair before putting the wella 55/65 on would you put anything on to secure the colour? I've heard a few people talk about putting a semi gloss over it to minimilize fast fade ?xx

I use directions and crazy colour all the time and the trick is is to leave it on as long as you can.I leave mine on overnight or for at least 6 hours and it will last for a long time..x

Latest posts

Back