acid mantle too acidic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becca boo

Reaction score
So I need your knowledge geeks. In class we just started skin care and we were talking about the acid mantle. I know what happens when the skin is too alkaline but I was asked the question "what if the skin is too acidic what can happen" ive googled and looked at a few sights but nothing says. So if I could please get your help to this question it would be greatly appriciated. Thankx in advance

So I need your knowledge geeks. In class we just started skin care and we were talking about the acid mantle. I know what happens when the skin is too alkaline but I was asked the question "what if the skin is too acidic what can happen" ive googled and looked at a few sights but nothing says. So if I could please get your help to this question it would be greatly appriciated. Thankx in advance

sounds like a good one for tomorrows A&P weekend.

Do you mean when something external to the skin makes it acidic e.g glycolic acid? -skin can become red and itchy

Or when the skin is naturally too acidic due to an internal inbalance?- it then becomes dry, flakey and cracked

Do you mean when something external to the skin makes it acidic e.g glycolic acid? -skin can become red and itchy
no, not meaning during any treatments just the ph balance

Or when the skin is naturally too acidic due to an internal inbalance?- it then becomes dry, flakey and cracked

Sorry, but isnt this what happens when the skin is too akalined (stripped) also leaving an area for bacteria to live and invade. If im wro

I mean lets say you do a ph test and it comes out to be 3.something or 2. something when the skin is too acidic. Or is it the same out come, but that doesnt make sense to me.

Would it be a sign of skin that is too oily, too hydrated

Does this make sense?

This may help: "The skin, nails and hair, and muscles are also all affected adversely by acidity. For example, the an acidic person may have acidic sweat, dry skin, fungal diseases, hives, itches, pimples, and eczema . Furthermore, the skin tends to be red and irritated in regions where there are heavy concentrations of sweat like the knees, elbows, underarms, or even around openings such as the eyes, mouth, anus, and vulva. Affects on the hair and nails include thinning nails that split and break easily, white streaks or spots on nails, and hair that has split ends, looks dull, and falls out in noticeable amounts. Symptoms of the muscles include stiff neck and a general sensation of aching all over, leg cramps and spasms, and muscles of the neck and shoulders are hard and painful. Perhaps some of the most symptoms of acidity affect the skeletal and joint system. Some of these symptoms include rickets, mineral and calcium depletion of the skeleton, osteoporosis, joints crack, vertebrae locks up, rheumatism, arthritis, sciatica, slipped vertebrae, tendonitis, lumbar pains, gout, etc."www.acid-alkalinediet.com

Skin at pH2 or 3 would be bubbling off and burning! Your stomach is pH 2

The acid mantle is usually about 4 to 5.5.

Stripping it leaves it open to infection. Both acidic and alkaline skin is irritated skin.

Latest posts

Back