Acrylic brush producing green!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winebetty

Reaction score
Hi guys I bought a new acrylic brush about 18 months ago at the beauty show ( can't remember which company) and it has recently been producing green when I put it in my liquid! It's like the metal is rusting or something? It wasn't cheap either! I clean it properly after every use.. Has this happend to any of you guys?

You are supposed to store your brush facing downwards so any residue won't sit inside the brush.
Have you stored it with the brush facing up? (Brush pointing Toward the ceiling) that's the only thing I can think of.
Sorry, don't know how else to describe it lol
Xx

Sounds like its contaminated to me have you changed products? Or not storing correctly? Or not cleaning correctly? I may be wrong but if its contaminated you will need to get yourself a new one x

Contaminated brush. Time for a new one :sad::sad:

Is it a 2 piece brush? Do you use the handle as a lid or has the brish got a separate lid? If the brush is quite damp when you pop it back in the lid, the lid can start to rust and this will then contaminate your brush or if its just a bit of a poor/cheap design and the lid sits too close to the bristles of the brush .... i have had very miserable experience of losing a lovely pricey brush this way myself!! xx

Sounds contaminated to me, brushes that aren't used very often lead to ageing liquid in the hair (usually this is yellow).

Putting a lid on a brush (without having a decent airing/evaporating hole in the lid) can result in the liquid going off in the hair.

Brushes need to be well drained (as near to dry as possible) before putting a lid on them.

The colour "green" would be some kind of metal issue/oxidisation, rather than old product, ....... to me, it would mean that the ferrule of the brush is made from copper, because old or affected copper turns green.

The more you use your brush, the longer it will last (as it is being constantly renewed with fresh liquid).

I shampoo and condition my brush every 2 weeks and allow it to dry over the weekend before use.

Just to add, I have NEVER stored a brush hair down in 29 years, maybe longer, in those years I have only had 2 contaminated brushes, and that was because of cheap crap glue used to glue the hair in. One of them, the supplier disputed my comments after 4 weeks of use, yet within 6 months they changed their whole brush range and supplier .... that particular brush had a look that was synonymous with the brand, I now use that "obvious looking brush" to demonstrate brush contamination , in that short period of use they should have refunded (no questions asked)

Thanks guys, it is a 2 piece brush, a metal one, I clean it after every use, as I do all beauty daily I probably don't use it very often. I did hear about storing it facing down but it still turned green, think its time to invest in a new one :-S xxx

Latest posts

Back