Acrylic complaint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ELLE BELLA

Reaction score
I’m a hairstylist and had shellac nails done for my holiday on Wednesday and it’s chipping already !( was done Saturday)

I paid £24 , it’s the usual salon I use and they normally last 14 days
The girl that did it was new and tbh seemed inexperienced
She over filed them , it was feeling quite hot and I nearly asked her to stop . She was quite rough pushing my cuticle back and they felt quite sore
I’m not usually one for complaining but they didn’t look as good as they usually do ! Do you think I should ask for a refund ? I don’t think they can fit me in tomorrow , that’s why I had it done Saturday

Sorry not acrylics I meant shellac !

I wouldn't refund you but I would re-do for free if there was visual evidence that the tech had done a poor job. It would be worth popping back to the salon

I wouldn't refund you but I would re-do for free if there was visual evidence that the tech had done a poor job. It would be worth popping back to the salon

Yes problem is they are shut today and were fully booked tomorrow , that’s why I got it done Saturday ,
I am going away wed morning and as I’ve had my nails done in that salon about 4 times this year and they have stayed perfect for a minimum of 2 weeks !
Normally if I go away I pick a colour I have a nail varnish a similar colour so I can touch up any chips , though I have never had to before
Unfortunately I have had them done a dark plum colour and I don’t have a match
Feeling really disappointed am having to go on holiday with chipped nails [emoji20]

Yes problem is they are shut today and were fully booked tomorrow , that’s why I got it done Saturday ,
I am going away wed morning and as I’ve had my nails done in that salon about 4 times this year and they have stayed perfect for a minimum of 2 weeks !
Normally if I go away I pick a colour I have a nail varnish a similar colour so I can touch up any chips , though I have never had to before
Unfortunately I have had them done a dark plum colour and I don’t have a match
Feeling really disappointed am having to go on holiday with chipped nails [emoji20]

Its not ideal, but if you can't get there for some remedial work you could buy a matching polish at the airport. Take photos today if you want to take it further with the salon. No good going back in two weeks with the complaint, it doesn't prove anything. Taking photos today with a date stamp gives you real-time evidence.

I agree with Trinity! And receiving a manicure should never hurt! If you feel like you are being over filed, painful cuticle work, so on...don't be afraid to speak up! In my opinion, it's better to say something and leave unfinished than to leave with polished but damaged nails. I hope they are able to take care of you!

Latest posts

Back