Acrylic glitter tips advice.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jellybean83

Reaction score
hi guys...]

ok.. i bought some fine glitter and lots of it lol.. and have been trying to do glitter tips with cnd acrylic but not having much luck..

I have been doing one part glitter with 3 parts powder i find it quite hard to apply as its comes rather thick... then one placed and done once i try to file to finish it takes alot of colour out of the glitter so instead of being coloured its part silver.. and part colour :(

please can anyone help thanks

Working with glitters is really difficult until you get the hang of it. It will not work like a normal bead and you need to work wetter.

When doing glitters you should put a layer of clear over the top so you are not filing into the glitter - hence the colour loss.

just pick up a smaller bead and spread it more thinly.
then you will have room to top it with clear so that you wont file it off when you come to shape it.
possibly using a smaller brush at first could help to ensure that you apply it more thinly until you get used to the different application.

Hi, the glitters I use are the Nail Graphix ones. They come with half a pot of glitter and you fill the rest up to the rim with your powder. I use cnd too and these work great. The colours are so lovely. I have to work really wet though. I didnt actually know that about putting a clear coat of acrylic over the top, so thanks very much for that, I will make sure I do it in future! xx

Latest posts

Back